World Health Organization(WHO), Copenhagen, Denmark
Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 20:00
Description of duties:
As part of the unit team, the incumbent provides a variety of secretarial and administrative services in support of the project/programme activities of the technical unit as follows:
- Assists with the recruitment of consultants and temporary advisers, and processes committal documents and related correspondence for goods and services.
- Assists with the administrative preparation and conduct of regional meetings and educational activities, in accordance with established procedures.
- Drafts correspondence and documents based on written/verbal prompts from the Professional staff of the unit.
- Composes and finalizes correspondence of administrative nature.
- Provides rough translation of incoming mail. Takes notes at meetings.
- Types reports and other documentation.
- Makes travel arrangements for duty travels and, in accordance with established procedures, initiates travel requests.
- Creates background files and compiles reference material as appropriate.
- Accesses and retrieves information from relevant databases and updates as required.
- Responds to and acts on telephone enquiries and requests for information.
- Coordinates appointments for supervisor and organizes programmes for visitors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Essential: Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Desirable: Additional relevant higher education an advantage.
- Essential: Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
- Essential: At least four years' experience in the secretarial/administrative field.
- Desirable: Experience in WHO/UN an asset.
- Essential: ENGLISH: Read, Write, Speak - Excellent (fluency/advanced) knowledge.
- Desirable - WHO EURO 2nd official languages: Applications from those with RUSSIAN language skills are particularly welcome.
- French and German an asset. (Priority will be given to candidates with a second official language).
- Knowledge of other languages an asset.
- This is a LOCAL vacancy and as such, only qualified applicants residing within commuting distance of Copenhagen will be considered.
- Candidates must possess a valid residency and work permit for Denmark.
- WHO does not cover any expenses related to participation in tests and/or interviews.
- Short-listed candidates will be contacted to sit a written test for language and PC skills prior to a competency-based interview in order to qualify for the roster.
How To Apply: