Senior Accountant IFE-EFI Headquarters
Euromed Feminist Initiative, Paris, France
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supervising the accountants Paris/Amman and the accounts of the projects. Answerable to the Executive Director.
- Supervise and prepare budgets and project work plans
- Supervise the accounting system, including financial reporting forms and filing system for the project, the profit, loss and balance sheet
- Prepare financial reports and balance sheet
- Be responsible of the annual accounts of the organization and more globally all related finance and accounting works.
- Work with the auditor to prepare audited project financial statements
- Work in contact with the executive director and managers to conduct the financial policy of the organization
- Continuously improve system and procedures to enhance internal controls and satisfy audit requirements
- Calculate and prepare staff time records
- Provide assistance to organization of project events
- University degree in accounting, finance or related field
- At least 5 years of experiences in finance and accounting works.
- Solid experience of budgeting, planning and reporting on donor funded projects
- Knowledge in administrative and accounting procedures
- Knowledge of European funding policies
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and French and goof command. Arabic is a plus.
- Personal belief in and support of IFE-EFI core values.
- Expertise in CIEL program
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and team work skills, capacity of method and organization
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office) .Good knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of financial and accounting regulations of the associations in France ;
- Experience of the international donors’ rules (EU , AFD, …)