Senior Associate, Finance
Evidence Action, Delhi, India
Closing Date for Applications:
The Sr. Finance Associate will provide support for accounts and finance related work and will report to the Sr. Finance Officer based in Delhi. Key responsibilities will include assistance and active participation in ensuring statutory compliances and returns under TDS, ESI, PF, PT, GST etc. on timely basis. S/he will assist the team during statutory, tax and other audits as appropriate. As for all staff, s/he must possess a sense of collaboration and mutual understanding and a willingness to assist colleagues and work in a team.
The Sr. Finance Associate will report to the Sr. Finance Officer. S/he will be required to work in close coordination with other departments and team members for appropriate functions.
Scope of Work:
- Carry out routine finance and accounting functions at Delhi Office in line with company policy and procedures as per manuals viz, Financial Manual, HR Manual, Procurement Manual;
- Assist Sr. Finance Officer in checking and verification of GST invoices and related entries in accounting software;
- Calculation and compilation of GST data related to GST Liability, Input Credit on Purchases on monthly basis and undertake all necessary tasks related to GST compliances;
- Assist Sr. Finance Officer in deposit and filing of monthly GST returns and challans on timely basis and maintain related documentation;
- Ensure and review proper TDS calculations of employees, vendors and other payments and ensure that TDS is deducted and deposited within timelines;
- Assist in filing of quarterly TDS returns on timely basis;
- Prepare and ensure monthly filing of – EPF/ESI/Professional Tax and ensure that statutory deductions and deposit with relevant authorities are made on time under supervision;
- Support in accounting entries - expense and payment, in accounting software and maintain master data for all vendors/consultants/employees;
- Preparation of monthly expense reports, Bank reconciliation and any other internal report, as and when required;
- Support the team during Statutory Audit, Tax Audit, donor audit and Internal Audit;
- Work with Finance team and coordinate with other colleagues in handling day to day accounting activities and perform other duties as assigned from time to time;
- Assist in finalisation of Monthly Cash Forecast and Monthly Variance Report in coordination with team leads for preparation, compilation and submission as per timelines;
- Any other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduate in commerce with minimum five years of experience in mid-size companies;
- At least 4-5 years’ experience in computing, filing, recording and payment of TDS/ Income taxes and other statutory compliances including GST;
- Advanced Excel skills, including experience in TALLY accounting software, WEBTEL or any other software for handling TDS returns;
- Must be able to work independently and under supervision, with team to meet deadlines;
- Result oriented and solution seeking approach to tasks and ability to work under pressure of time while maintaining high standards of quality;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to deliver under pressing timelines.