Senior Communication Assistant
UNICEF, Maputo, Mozambique
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organizes data and information, prepares and maintains records, documents, and controls plans for the monitoring of programme implementation (both in hard copy and electronic format). Raises cash, supply, travel and contracts requisitions, according to plans of action and Vision table of responsibilities, in order to facilitate funds management and reports to donors. Monitors and revises supporting documents of contracts, in coordination with programme officers. Follows-up with counterparts on DCT. Monitors donors' reports schedule.
- Supports the preparation of public events, including press briefings and other media events, as required. Arranges and monitors appointments and meetings. Receives and assists visitors and provides them with preliminary information and guidance.
- Supports the preparation and organization of media and donor visits, including preparation of travel documentation, follow up for travel arrangements, preparation of information packages and other administrative support.
- Prepares daily press clipping for distribution to all staff and helps with routine digital communication updating.
- Organizes and maintain media and UNICEF partners' database and follow up IEC and visibility materials distribution.
- Drafts human interest stories and makes photographs of events.
- Organizes IEC and visibility materials stock and coordinates timely distribution internally and to partners.
- Performs liaison duties with other units and other duties as required.
- Normal office-based post with occasional field travel to project areas.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Education: Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in a field related to the work of the organization.
- Work experience: Seven years of progressively responsible clerical or administrative work, of which at least one year was closely related to support of programme activities. Practical knowledge of concepts, principles and methodologies of a technical or administrative field, and skill in applying such knowledge in performing semi-professional work; or thorough knowledge of a narrow range of a specialty field which requires knowledge of complicated methods, techniques and practices.
- Languages: Fluency in Portuguese and English
- Values and Competencies: Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity, Communication, Working with People, Drive for Results, Analyzing, Applying Technical Expertise, Following instructions and Procedures, Planning and Organizing.
How To Apply: