Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest chain of primary and pre-primary schools. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a better life. We leverage research, technology, and data analysis in order to standardize and scale every aspect of quality education delivery, from how and where academies are built to how teachers are selected and trained, and how lessons are delivered and monitored for improvement. We are vertically-integrated, tech-enabled, and on our way to profitability.
Bridge has done what many people thought was impossible. We have given families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to have a better life. We believe that great design can change the world, owing our success to the fact that our academies are designed entirely around the academic needs of a child. We are looking for a Senior Designer who will help create and implement a brand experience across touchpoints.
ABOUT THE POSITION
What you will do
- You will design touchpoints for a complete brand experience, as well as creating social impact through the work.
- Your work will focus on our customer and design of customer-facing materials, like branded gates, marketing posters, textbook covers, classroom posters etc.
- Everything you create must be designed to feel accessible yet aspirational, warm but professional and informative.
- Every image and layout chosen must be strategic; your goal isn’t just to make our materials pretty, but to help parents see the potential of their children and how Bridge can make that potential real.
- Your work will also span corporate projects – designing press-kits, newsletters, presentations, one-sheeters, Infographics, website, and other representations of Bridge International Academies as a whole.
- We are a brand with a huge story to tell, but it needs to feel simple, accessible, and warm – just like our parent-facing work.
- 5 to 8 years of related experience, in brand communication or advertising
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic design (Preferably from NID, Srishti and NIFT)
- A full working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, with expertise in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator is required
- Knowledge of four-colour printing, large-format printing, and contemporary web practices
- Some working knowledge of retail/industrial design, photography, videography, HTML and WordPress is expected
- Experience working with Microsoft office tools and templates is required
- Digital illustration skills are a plus
Who are we looking for
- This is an incredibly exciting position for a Senior Designer interested in developing a complete brand experience, as well as creating social impact through their work. We need someone incredibly passionate about the work they do.
- The Senior Designer will report to the Global Creative Director and work closely with the Senior Copywriter
Location: New Delhi, 25%+ travel may be required within India and 5%+ to Nigeria, Kenya and Uganda
Important note: Kindly include a link to your portfolio in your cover letter
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done, with at least 5 years of post-graduate school experience. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind– You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas. You have an existing network in Nigeria from prior experience in the country, preferably in the regulatory, education, or business sectors.
- A creative problem-solver– Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
- A customer advocate– Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A life-long learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.