Senior Finance Manager
GOAL, Dublin, Ireland
Closing Date for Applications:
The SFM will report directly to the Finance Director. The SFM will sit on the finance management team and will have global responsibility for cashflow operations for the organisation. The SFM will ensure financial accountability across all functions and field offices in the organisation, developing a relationship with each of the Country Directors and other Senior Management Team (SMT). In addition, the SFM will support the Finance Director in their role representing the financial reporting role to the Audit & Risk Committee & Board of Directors.
- Oversees all company finance and accounting practices, including finance departments, preparing budgets, financial reports, payroll, tax and audit functions both at HQ and for country programmes
- Directs financial strategy, planning and forecasts; conferring with Finance Director and Senior Management Team
- Work closely with Senior Management Team and Regional Directors on major applications, budgeting, work plans and cash flow
- Monitors cash transactions to ensure that bank account balances to the report and any unusual items are investigated.
- Forecasts, monitors and tracks cash flow (weekly, monthly, quarterly etc.).
- Prepares cash flow reports, and identifies and evaluates variances.
- Overall management responsibility for the cashflow forecasting and budget process for the organisation
- Plan the strategic financial development of the organisation alongside the Finance Director
- Build, deliver and support a global financial infrastructure to support the organisation growth strategy
- Working to a set time scale, all board, management, statutory and financial reporting must be carried out in accordance with Organisational Policy
- Any other duties as may be deemed appropriate
- Audit and Risk Committee
- Finance Director
- General Manager/CEO & management team
- Regional directors
- Finance department staff
It is expected that you will:
- Carry out these accountabilities within the operating and process frameworks that apply to the whole organisation
- Work together with all your key stakeholders: line and functional to ensure organisational objectives, mission and vision are met
- Exemplify the organisations standards of integrity, purpose & values
- Be in a position to travel, and spend working time in the organisation’s African programme countries as required
Requirements (Person Specification)
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA) with 8+ years’ experience
- Masters degree in Accounting, Finance or Business an advantage
- Up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications
- Strong IT skills incl. expert level in Excel and ability to use complex modelling techniques
- High level of initiative, motivation, commitment and professionalism
- Strong managerial, planning, organizational, decision-making, team working, interpersonal and lateral thinking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with the ability to communicate and negotiate with a variety of internal and external constituencies
- Willingness to work in remote locations/travel regularly
- Exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills
- Financial experience in the NGO sector desirable but not essential
- Hands-on experience of systems implementation