Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium is seeking a Senior Financial Manager for a new position to ensure the accuracy, completeness and consistency of financial information. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills, to build collaborative relationships with colleagues, partners and clients and utilise a methodical mind and a hands-on approach to work as a business partner, ensuring the accuracy of financial results and future forecasts for the EMEA region. The post will manage, develop and mentor a Team of Associates/Senior Associates and will lead the way with knowledge sharing and process improvement throughout the wider business.
The primary responsibilities:
- Ensuring accuracy of project accounting with regards to both revenue recognition and cost accruals
- Responsible for timely month-end close, including project reporting and variance analysis
- Responsible for risk management with regards to project reporting and monthly results. Operate within a ?no surprises environment
- Responsible for supporting the Operations Team in all elements of forecasting, planning and reporting
- Responsible for the timely completion of effective business proposals
- Assist with the timely integration and training for new projects and acquisitions
- Responsible for assessing solicitation requirements and development of compliance checklists
- Work alongside the Director, Financial Management to drive process improvements throughout the EMEA region
- Responsible for production of external client reporting
- Responsible for creating dashboards and key financial indicators
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Accounting Standards, government, client contracting and other applicable regulations
- Working alongside the Director, Financial Management to ensure audit compliance
- Responsible for managing and mentoring a team of Senior Associates / Associates
- Attendance at all weekly / monthly team meetings
- Assisting the Director, Financial Management with other ad hoc assignments as required
- Accounting degree or related discipline
- Qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA with a minimum of 7 years experience
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build collaborative working relationships with individuals across multiple disciplines
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience of project accounting & revenue recognition
- Previous experience of managing people
- Strong IFRS knowledge
- Highly skilled at using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Previous experience with regards to contract costing
- Previous experience with regards to the integration of new acquisitions
- The ability to pursue, adapt, and lead change, and demonstrate flexibility in response to changing business environments.
- The ability to see the bigger picture and affect business drivers through decisions and actions, and the ability to contribute to the long-term profitability and growth of the organisation.
- Developing and using collaborative relationships.
- Ownership of learning and striving to develop own knowledge and capabilities to support the organisation's success.
- The ability to see how an individual fits into Palladium, impact of individual actions on bottom line and effectively manage resources.