Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian and development organization and home to teams of humanitarian activist-professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world's most vulnerable populations living in fragile settings. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development.
Activities along with support for audit, budget, and year end preparation. This position will respond to general department inquiries, provide administrative and accounting support, and coordinate designated projects designed to strengthen the finance and accounting functions.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Accounting and Financial Operations: 75%
- Coordinate and maintain records of all fiscal documents with appropriate support materials
- Update and maintain organization files including but not limited to audit, tax, legal, federal contracting, and regulatory documents
- Assist with documenting finance and account processes to be included in the Finance Manual
- Responsible for collating and maintaining HQ accounting processes to ensure
- Review and Process Credit Card Expense and Travel Expense Reports for reasonableness and completeness in Concur;
- Serves as Concur support and administrator for the HQ offices in DC/LA and UK
- Serves as back up for Vendor Invoice processing;
- Direct Invoices in AP Workflow system for processing and follow up on payment inquiries submitted to email@example.com
- Maintain vendor files and new vendor set up in NetSuite
- Input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy
- Maintain the General Ledger subsidiary journals including cash receipts and cash disbursements, ensuring accuracy and keeping Controller apprised of any problems.
- Coordinate with Accounting Manager and AP Team for weekly Check Run
- Support day-to-day operations relating to Banking activities and fund transfers
- Maintain relationships with financial institutions, specifically banks
- Perform electronic payment processing of domestic and international transactions, including ACH and wire transactions;
- Ensure payments received and check deposits are timely recorded and properly coded.
- Ensure field office request for Fund wire transfers and inter-bank transfers are properly and timely recorded
- Serves as back-up for Payroll, Cash Manager, and Donor Reporting
- Prepare Daily and Weekly Cash report; deposits cash and checks received in the DC office.
- Maintain and distribute petty cash and serve as primary custodian for the DC office
- Prepare billing invoices and post entries to Accounts Receivable ledger ensuring accuracy and timeliness
Functional Support for Finance and Accounting: 25%
- Provide Administrative and operational support to the CFO and Controller including but not limited to:
- Generate reports from accounting software for management and grant reporting
- Actively participate in the creation and preparation of Field and HQ reviews and trainings
- Assist in completing travel expense reports
- Provide overall logistic and administrative support to Finance Team (HQ and Field)
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related major
- 3-5 years of directly relevant experience strongly preferred, especially accounting and finance experience in an international NGO over 4 million
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel
- Experience with Concur and NetSuite Preferred
- Ability to manage high volume workload in fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to provide strong customer service
- Familiarity with Treasury management systems
- Must be detail-oriented, well-organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Demonstrated experience for working with employees/members in dealing with confidential issues
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
RI Values: We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.*
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation