Senior Manager - Housing Support Services
Habitat for Humanity, Nepal
Habitat for Humanity (HFHI) is currently seeking a talented individual for the role of a Senior Manager - Housing Support Services based in Nepal. This role is responsible for providing practical expertise in all phases of construction and reconstruction including the social and legal context in accordance with standards set by Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI). He/she will support the Program Director to implement all aspects of the program and transfer his/her skill set to national staff and partners.
- Support the Program Director by contributing to the design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of grant-funded projects and programs, and reporting to HFH funding countries in coordination with Asia Pacific Office and other donors as needed.
- Manage and oversee the full project implementation in collaboration with partner organizations operating in 2-3 Districts and 6+ VDCs to support the self-recovery of earthquake-affected households at various intervention phases from initial research and community engagement, to GIS mapping and site selection, to PASSA training, to construction of demonstration houses, oversight of construction of homes built through NGO and MFI partners, monitoring and evaluation, as well as training implementing partners.
- Participate in the hiring, training, onboarding of local Technical Staff.
- Serve as technical lead in the design of evaluative project activities (baseline/end line surveys, midterm reviews, project evaluations, program evaluations, etc.)
- Develop a systematic approach and provide oversight of monitoring and evaluation services for all project activities conducted by HFHN and implementing partners with indicators and metrics consistent with HFHI GMTs.
- Ensure that lessons learned from monitoring and evaluative activities are integrated into the knowledge base of HFHI programs.
- Manage, plan and coordinate the work of the support services staff including supervision and evaluation, capacity building and knowledge transfer through training and on-job skill transfer.
- Develop new processes and tools based upon review and analyze of existing ones, in order to strengthen program management, M&E planning, data collection, analysis and reporting in coordination with the AP Area Office, HFH funding countries and Donors to ensure sharing and common standards.
- Facilitate the gathering of information needed to fulfill regular reporting requirements and provide oversight on internal and external reporting products.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and provide strategic advice in Disaster Risk Reduction and Response; Participatory Approach to Safe Shelter Awareness; GIS Mapping; Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene; Urban issues; Land tenure; and other housing and human settlement issues; as well as appropriate family selection and feedback mechanisms.
- Ensure adequate technical input in the development and review of project and program proposals.
- Assist with the development of a DR plan and in the case of a disaster plan, manage and supervise the disaster response in collaboration with the Program Director and AP DR teams.
- Develop and manage a Management Information System (MIS) database to support data collection, analysis and reporting needs of the outputs produced.
- Manage the collection, processing, analysis and use of the GIS Mapping including geo-tagged data, and assure that geo-tagged data is incorporated effectively in the MIS database.
- Manage oversight of partners on the implementation of programs including recruitment of consultants & contractors to ensure effective approach and program quality land tenure and quality home construction.
- Understand grant requirements and liaise with implementing partners if needed to assure that monitoring systems are well-designed and monitoring data can be shared with stakeholders in keeping with their agreements.
- Support the partnership manager in building and maintaining good working relationships with MIFs and cooperatives.
- Liaison with Government Authorities and Housing Recovery and reconstruction platform in coordination with the Program and the National Directors.
- Attend meetings with Government Authorities and Housing Recovery and reconstruction platform whenever needed and provide updates to 3Ws (define).
- Master’s Degree in relevant field preferred & required for candidates requiring visa.
- Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management degrees preferred.
- 8 years of experience in disaster response (DR3) and/or development with a focus on shelter or permanent housing.
- Knowledge and experience with various appropriate construction technologies.
- Extensive experience implementing programs based on sound project management practice including multi-donor budget management and monitoring & evaluation.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage, supervise and strengthen capacity of staff engineers, architects, site supervisors and social mobilizers, as well as local implementing partner organizations.
- Experience implementing development programs with focus on shelter/permanent housing in an international setting, ensuring adherence to local building code, other regulation and government bodies at local & national level.
- Experience with shelter/housing and well developed understanding of Disaster Risk Reduction and Response, WASH, PASSA, Land Tenure, appropriate architecture, supply chain, market development and construction related enterprise.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.