CARE Canada is currently seeking a Senior Manager-Humanitarian Rapid Response Capacity and Support.
CARE Canada is committed to meeting the urgent life-saving needs of women, men, girls and boys affected by disasters and conflict, consistent with CARE’s humanitarian mandate. In line with the CARE Humanitarian Strategy (2013-2020), CARE Canada places humanitarian and emergency response at the core of CARE’s programming and global identity to fight poverty and to strengthen CARE’s global capacity to deliver high quality programming in key technical sectors with a focus on women and girls.
Under the leadership of the Director, Global Programs and Impact, the Senior Manager, Humanitarian Rapid Response Capacity and Support will work within the International Operations and Programs Unit, and is responsible for ensuring high quality and effective emergency responses through oversight and management of the following areas:
- Leadership and management of the CI Rapid Response Team, ensuring timely and effective surge capacity is available for CARE International humanitarian responses globally.
- Operational support to ongoing emergency operations in CARE Canada Country Offices ensuring high-quality and timely responses in-line with the CARE International Humanitarian and Emergency Strategy, as well as oversight of emergency preparedness in CARE Canada Country Offices with the support of the EPP Coordinator.
- Where required, the role will deploy to lead or support humanitarian operations
- Management of emergency deployments: Coordinate with country office staff and the CI Surge Capacity Coordinator on the identification and prioritization of rapid response deployments for RRT members, to ensure humanitarian response staffing and technical needs are met, in-line with our humanitarian and emergency strategy.
- Management of a 14-person team: This includes: performance management, mentoring and supporting, and ensuring a focus on the overall wellness of each team member.
- Coordination with CARE International: Lead a shared approach to the overall management of the hosted CI Rapid Response Team with all the contributing CARE members as outlined in agreed MOUs.
- Financial management and reporting: Manage the overall budget for the Rapid Response Team, which includes monitoring and tracking salary expenditures against cost recovery targets. Provide reporting on the activities of the team, and where possible evidence of impact is gathered to enable improved advocacy and data on return on investment.
- Provide guidance and hands on support on the planning of initial needs assessments, emergency response strategy, proposal development, sitreps, operational RRT deployments, project implementation, monitoring and evaluations
Is this right for you? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You love leading teams, and have proven team building experience
- You have previous experience deploying to lead or support humanitarian operations
- You have proven financial management skills
- You know how to establish humanitarian operations in high risk locations
- You have strong oral communication skills and the ability to connect with diverse audiences
- You are an effective and inventive negotiator
- You have successfully collaborated with international counterparts
What would make you extraordinary?
- Fluency in French or Arabic
- Relevant advanced degree or equivalent
- Previous experience in sales or fundraising
- Experience development emergency response strategies
What we offer:
- Generous leave entitlements, including December holiday closure;
- Full benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical, life insurance (some exceptions may apply) and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services;
- Learning and Development opportunities, and specialised training;
- Flexible work hours and a work from home policy;
- Free parking; transportation routes, central location which is close to popular amenities;
- Business casual four days per week, Jeans Fridays;
- We also have an onsite BBQ and shower facilities;