ARE YOU THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THIS EXCITING ROLE?
Contract Length: Two year fixed-term
Base location: Manila, Philippines.
Benefits: Oxfam offers staff a comprehensive benefits package including annual leave entitlements, sick pay provision, medical cover plus opportunities for learning and development.
Oxfam’s vision is a just world without poverty: a world in which people can influence decisions that affect their lives, enjoy their rights, and assume their responsibilities as full citizens of a world in which all human beings are valued and treated equally. Oxfam sa Pilipinas has been working in the country for over 25 years. In the Philippines, our goal is to contribute to the eradication of poverty by supporting women and other vulnerable groups in saving lives and building livelihoods, enhancing their resilience to crises, shocks and stresses, and making their voices heard to hold duty-bearers accountable.
Oxfam sa Pilipinas has recently undergone a transformation to it's business model in order to respond to a changing external environment and to focus on developing partnership as a primary modality for delivery programmes. As part of this restructure we are recruiting for a new role to lead the organisation in strengthening our partnership approach and portfolio of partners.
As the Senior Manager for Partnership Relations and Development you’ll be responsible for providing strategic leadership for the development and strengthening of a diverse partner portfolio and overseeing the delivery of high impact programmes through partnership. You will explore and test new ways of working in partnership, defining and developing a new partnership framework that positions Oxfam within multi-stakeholder partnerships.
You will manage a small and committed team and will work cross-functionally across the organisation to support the spectrum of development, humanitarian action and campaigns & advocacy work. You will play a key role within the Country Leadership Team to support Oxfam’s intent to become a partner of choice within the Philippines.
What Skills Are We Looking For
The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of the Philippines political and economic landscape. S/he will have had significant country level experience of programming in the Philippines. Deep and wide experience working in partnership with a variety of stakeholders is crucial, as is experience working with partner organisations in humanitarian situations. Prior experience with brokering multi – stakeholder partnerships and experience is also essential. The candidate should have a good knowledge of the interface between civil society, private sector and government. The ideal candidate has to be proactive, a problem solver and keen to try out new things. Excellent communication skills, including fluency in English and Tagalog is essential.
You will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
· Degree in relevant discipline
· Significant experience of and proven ability to build, sustain, and manage strong partnerships and work collaboratively with a wide variety of organizations including government agencies, CSOs, NGOs, and private sector institutions
· Demonstrated capacity to influence and/or develop partnership strategy
· Previous experience of managing and developing a team with a demonstrated capacity to lead high performing teams, and motivate and develop others
· Proven ability to work collaboratively in partnership with experience of working with a wide variety of partners
· Able to be a behavioural role model across the organisation with regard to working in partnership
· Mature understanding of transformation derived from direct experience in a development and/or humanitarian context
· High level of influencing skills with proven ability to establish credibility at all levels
· Well developed analytical and strategic planning skills with the ability to influence the wider country programme strategy
· Sound understanding of programme management with experience across a range of program types
· Sound understanding of gender and gender mainstreaming approaches
· Demonstrated ability to identify and implement opportunities for innovation
· Demonstrated track record of improving efficiency and effectiveness in areas of responsibility
· Excellent communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English and Filipino
· Masters degree in development, social policy, or related discipline
· Previous experience working with private sector actors
This post will be Manila-based with regular travel to field sites and occasional international travel
"Please ensure that you specifically address the selection criteria in your application. Failure to do so will mean that we are unable to short list you.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your application online at https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/5051/description OR visit our website www.oxfam.org.uk/jobs using the job reference number INT3014. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: December 6, 2016
Oxfam is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from women, minority and underrepresented groups.