The Quality Improvement Capacity for Impact Project (QICIP) senior M&E QI advisor will work closely with the Ministry of Health and the MOH Quality Assurance (QA) MOH lead, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Zambia, the US Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) and other key stakeholders to design, lead and manage two HIV program focused Quality Improvement Collaboratives (QIC) at multiple health facilities in Lusaka Urban District. The incumbent will also manage other QICIP Zambia related projects including differentiated care and QI capacity building workshops and others as they arise. The senior QI M&E advisor will lead the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) component of the QIC including the development and implementation of all QICIP related projects including ongoing and additional QIC indicators, data management systems, data collection and analysis standard operating procedures (SOPs) and data quality assurance (DQA) activities. S/he will also work closely with QI teams within HF, providing mentoring and technical assistance to guarantee successful implementation of QIC projects, including the collection and analysis of relevant data and delivery of monthly progress reports, including run charts.
The QICIP Senior M&E QI Advisor will:
- Support and contribute to the design, implementation and evaluation of all QICIP related projects including all QIC at multiple health facilities in Lusaka Urban District, Zambia and a differentiated care and QI capacity building workshop series.
- Support the Senior QI Advisor to develop all QIC monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plans, indicators, data management systems, and standard operating protocols for data collection and analysis of QI projects.
- Lead ongoing data quality assurance (DQA) activities for QI projects at diverse health facilities.
- Lead the preparation of data analysis related to QI projects for presentation to a diverse range of audiences.
- Provide hands-on leadership and support for both face-to-face training session and on site M&E coaching and evaluating training sessions, workshops, webinars, and other QIC training projects.
- Support the Senior QI Advisor and other ICAP QI staff to mentor QI teams within HF to implement QI projects and collect and analyze data.
- Participate regularly in the monthly facility site supportive supervision, QI coaching, mentoring and implementation support for site level QI projects to all participating QIC health facilities monthly.
- Facilitate QI workshops and training courses, leading modules focused on M&E of QI
- Review all QIC training and technical assistance activity documentation from ICAP QI teams and help to produce and disseminate technical reports, guides, manuals, success stories, and other written materials.
- Be able to travel to all QIC participating facilities monthly. Expect to travel at least 15 working days a month to all QIC facilities.
EDUCATION: An advanced degree (MD, RN, MPH) in Medicine, Nursing, Public Health or related field including experience working in MOH or USG PEPFAR PMTCT and other HIV related programs;
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience and demonstrated expertise in the implementation of health programs in Mozambique
- Minimum 5 years of relevant HIV and QI program activities in Zambia.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant adult education and/or training experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in data analysis and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in synthesizing and disseminating best practices and lessons learned to government officials, implementers and key stakeholders
- Demonstrated computer skills, including proficiency with Word and PowerPoint and the ability to rapidly process and analysis data using MS Excel are required.
- Experience working with DHIS2 is preferred.
- Demonstrated talent in writing technical content and training materials.
- Experience working with complex programs involving short deadlines and multiple tasks, in coordination with multiple partners to achieve program results.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills are required.