Intra agency Liaison and Coordination
• Maintains liaison with government authorities and agencies, development partners and other stakeholders, and ADB Headquarters (HQ) to support and facilitate operations and coordination, client and stakeholder relations, and general external relations.
• Assists in the administration of loans and technical assistance (TA) projects from the TA consultants’ selection process, processing of claims, processing of contract variations, and preparation of TA completion reports.
• Assists in administration of delegated projects, including review of bid documents and evaluations.
• Monitors progress in project/TA implementation, for example, by following up on outstanding obligations of executing agencies (EAs) to expedite procurement/contract awards; familiarizing EAs with ADB guidelines and procedures and ensuring their compliance with loan covenants; following up submission of project reports, financial statements, etc.; maintaining related documents, records and files for delegated projects; maintaining computer-based information system for project administration matters.
• Assists in drafting various papers including routine correspondence, letters, faxes and appendixes for Back-to-Office reports, etc. relating to the project implementation activities under the guidance of supervisors.
• Assists in preparing of supporting documentation from internal and external claims, payments and various other accounting transactions within closely defined ADB procedures and guidelines; and processes transactions through preparation of appropriate disbursement or journal vouchers or other relevant payment documentation.
• Provides assistance in maintaining appropriate administrative and financial controls related to the assigned tasks and assists in preparation/consolidation of monthly financial statements.
• Assists in preparing and reviewing Mission Authorization Requests (MARs) and Mission Authorization Business Travel Requests (MA-BTRs), and Requests for Reimbursement of Business Travel (RRBT) for Resident Mission (RM) staff.
• Assists in arranging required logistic facilities such as transportation, press conferences, workshops, seminars, visas, shipments, customs clearances, and disposal of unserviceable stocks, etc. Coordinates closely with the government for visa and travel service provider and provides advice to ADB HQ on visa requirements and cost effective routing on mission travel.
• Provides logistical assistance to ADB missions, including meeting arrangements and transportation arrangements.
• Arranges transportation for the RM routine needs and mission travel. Ensures proper usage of ADB vehicles and that all relevant records are maintained per ADB procedures.
• Monitors quality and economic use of office supplies, and maintains adequate stock of supplies. Assists in procurement of equipment, appliances, and vehicles locally or through import, and supervising repair/maintenance work. Updates inventory records of properties on monthly basis, carries out annual physical inventory of all properties, and sends reports to HQ.
• Attends to the maintenance of communication facilities, viz. PABX system with local and IDD phones, telex, fax, leased circuit, radio network and video conferencing. Coordinates with internal and external contacts to collect information, ensure adherence with contracts and agreements, monitor status of compliance, initiate follow up actions, and ensure timely completion of expected results; and resolves routine procedural and technical queries from internal and external sources.
• Maintains and updates relevant databases and records for administrative and personnel functions of the office.
• Ensures that all correspondence and documents are correctly typed, copied or printed out, and submitted on time in compliance with ADB standard.
• Ensures that all incoming faxes and mails are logged, properly distributed, and brought to the attention of concerned staff, and that outgoing mails/faxes are delivered and dispatched on time.
• Ensures the effective coordination of supervisors’ schedules by maintaining their diaries and arranging appointments, meetings, travel and accommodation as specified by supervisors in accordance with ADB procedures.
• Provides efficient reception services such as screening incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages, dealing with queries from callers and visitors, establishing nature and priority of requirements of unexpected visitors and ensures that they are attended to and referred in a timely manner to the concerned staff.
• Ensures that the office filing systems and records are properly maintained and updated in accordance with the existing framework for easy retrieval.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisors and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
• Bachelor’s degree
• At least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
• Related experience in administrative, financial, and personnel administration, preferably in international agencies, will be preferred.
How To Apply: