Senior Operations Assistant
UNICEF, Quelimane, Mozambique
Closing Date for Applications:
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Appropriate and consistent interpretation and application of administrative policy and procedures timely implemented to support operations at the country or sub-country levels. Provides practical input on implementation of administrative guidelines, in close coordination with the head of office, operation staff/ supervisor. Supports supervisor and the head of the office, and updates staff on administrative policies, procedures rules and regulation. Implements the appropriate application and interpretation of administrative rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Briefs and assists arriving and departing staff on basic administrative procedures and requirements. Contributes to recommendations on the improvement of internal controls systems taking into account the prevailing conditions in the locality. Keeps supervisor abreast of potential problem areas, prepares reports on administrative matters as required. Provides administrative support and services to sub-country (zone) offices and out postings, where applicable, including preparation and funding of service contracts, preparations of PGMs for all admin supplies and guidance on administrative procedures.
- The budget preparation and implementation are properly administered in the area of administrative management and services. Assists supervisor in preparing estimates on office premises, supplies and equipment requirements for budget preparation purposes. Assists zone offices in the establishment and maintenance of administrative services and the administrative budget.
- Operations of delivery of administrative support services are timely and effectively provided, and security arrangements are well established for enhanced safety and security. Assists Chief Operations and/or Chief of Field offices in the establishment and maintenance security arrangements and related administrative services.
- Property management of administrative supplies assistance ensures, office equipment, vehicles and other properties is effectively maintained. Supports management of administrative supplies, office equipment and vehicles, updating inventory of items, serving as ex-officio member to the Property Survey Board where applicable. Assists supervisor in Property Survey Board submissions, preparing minutes of meetings. Assists supervisor in executing PSB recommendations approved by the Head of Office. Monitors and supervises adequate and appropriate use of supplies. Ensures that services and maintenance of premises are in accordance with organizational standards.
- All administrative transactions and arrangements of contracts satisfy the requirements as stipulated and are in compliance with the applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations. Ensures that all administrative transactions and arrangements of contracts are in compliance with the applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations. Contributes to the reviews of contractual arrangements related to administrative support (i.e. courier, premises maintenance, ancillary administrative support, vehicle maintenance, equipment maintenance etc.) to ensure that the terms and conditions of all contracts are being adhered to by providers of goods and services. Proposes to supervisor any changes that may be required. Monitors payments against contractual obligations.
- Staff learning and development. Develops training activities to ensure effective performance and efficiency in admin services management. Implements effective staff learning and development programme activities for capacity building. Contributes to workshops for staff's competency building, staff learning and development, career development.
- Partnership, coordination and collaboration. Support effective working relations with other agencies, local authorities and implementing partners on issues relating to administrative matters through information exchange, collaboration, and harmonization. Cooperates with other UN agency counterparts in the UN reform initiatives (including common services and premises agenda, etc.).
- Performs any other duties and responsibilities assigned as required.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Education: Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in a field related to the work of the organization. Completion of Secondary School, University level courses in administration, finance, or any other related field of discipline relevant to the job is an asset.
- Work experience: Seven years of relevant professional work experience with both national and International work experience in office management, administration, finance, accounting, ICT, human resources, supply or any other relevant function. Work experience in emergency duty station.
- Languages: Fluency in Portuguese and English
- Values and Competencies: Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity, Communication, Working with People, Drive for Results, Analyzing, Applying Technical Expertise, Following instructions and Procedures, Planning and Organizing.
How To Apply: