Senior Programme Manager
International Federation of Red Cross And Red Crescent Societies, Peshawar, Pakistan
Closing Date for Applications:
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies reaches 160 million people each year through its 190-member National Societies. The IFRC is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement along with the International Committee of the Red Cross and 190 National Societies.
Supervise and support the implementation of GRC/PRC project portfolio in:
- Provide overall financial supervision to all project vouchers by ensuring that they are:
- Approved project activities
- Assigned the correct budget line and
- Supported with all the correct supporting documents which are completely and correctly filled out
- On behalf of GRC, sign and validate financial vouchers to validate that they are correct in terms of “facts and figures”.
- Ensure that all expenditures are in complete compliance with GRC, PRC and donor procurement regulations prior to purchase.
- Provide necessary financial approvals up to €1,000, on behalf of GRC to PRC Project managers, for all activities implemented within GRC/PRC projects. Vet and forward to HoO any requests that exceed €1,000.
- Supervise the implementation of GRC/ PRC projects in close cooperation with the responsible PRC Project Managers and PRC Provincial Secretary according to the full project proposal as well as GRC/donor guidelines
- Identification of necessary modifications of proposed plan of action/budget and timely submission of modification request to the Head of Office (HoO);
- Ensure that all GRC/PRC projects are implemented in line with GRC, Sphere and donor standards and regulations as well as according to the national law.
Coordination and planning:
- Communicate and consult regularly with the HoO and PMER Manager
- Network and coordinate regularly in a proactive way with all relevant stakeholders and organisations inside and outside the RC/RC movement in close coordination with the HoO.
- Support the identification, development and writing of proposals to donors (ECHO, AA, BMZ, etc.) in both development and emergency situations
- Contribute to the strategic planning of the GRC operation in Pakistan in both development and emergency situations
- Identify and report to HoO the needs for the operation in terms of HR and technical capacities, co-operation with other stakeholders etc. in both development and emergency situations
- Build and enhance the capacity of Project Staff in reporting and project administration.
- Supervise recruitment, training and management of local staff and volunteers and coach on the job where necessary
- Conduct regular visits to actual and potential project areas in Province.
Monitoring and reporting:
- Ensure regular monitoring visits, in coordination with PRC Project manager, to project areas to collect information about project activities and the views for the beneficiaries
- Ensure timely narrative and financial reporting as per GRC and donor guidelines (Project management tool);
- Proactively support the PRC project managers regarding the preparation and implementation of the quarterly and annual Plans of Action for all projects under your supervision.
- Ensure and support the execution of mid-term and final evaluations and reviews where and when applicable
- Facilitate the PMER Manager on field visits and implement any monitoring activities suggested by them and approved by HoO.