Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Department: Social Enterprise Business Unit
Reports to the Vice President, Social Enterprise
Travel is expected. Approx. 20% of the time
(contingent on funding)
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI is seeking a dynamic, motivated, and intellectually curious individual to join the newly-formed Social Enterprise team. Are you interested in leveraging your development experience in a more entrepreneurial capacity? Do you question the status quo? Do you have a natural aptitude for marketing, markets and financial performance? Do you strive for a “better way?”
PSI seeks qualified, dynamic candidates with significant expertise in project management, collaboration and coordination across a diverse network to deliver results. This position will bridge the NGO and enterprise gap acting as translator, coordinator, builder and driver of change. This is a critical position within the Social Enterprise Business Unit and a member of a small but dynamic team; that will demand flexibility, dedication, and attention to efficiency and delivering results on time.
If you are looking for a typical Program Manager position in a large team where you will have extreme clarity on your role and day-to-day then this might not be the right fit for you. If you’re looking for a team with a hungry set of team members, committed to change and doing better, and an environment where you can co-create, iterate and grow then please keep reading.
- A great communicator with top-notch organization skills.
- Not afraid of multi-tasking
- Driven to acquire real-world skills and contribute to a new and strategically important area for PSI
- Dedicated to creating value to enterprises through your support and action
- Interested in making processes more effective and efficient rather than doing things the same way each time
- Drawn to project management not because you dream about Gantt charts at night, but because you love building things, constantly learning, and working with different business segments.
- Drawn to building something because you have an unbridled potential to contribute and don’t want to be put in a box on an org chart.
- Excited to own & develop new knowledge for the company, even if it’s outside of your expertise
- Not tech savvy enough to pilot a command line, but you embrace technology and enjoy showing people how to use new tools.
- Not a financial genius, but savvy enough to navigate a P&L and understand cost drivers
What are we looking for?
What will you do?
- Proactively develop and improve business planning and management systems for improved enterprise management and knowledge sharing.
- Lead the establishment of technology enabled knowledge management and learning platforms for the Social Enterprise Unit and internal communities of practice.
- Perform requirements-gathering, root cause analysis on business management road blocks, generate ideas and iterate solutions that improve information sharing, lead to quicker decision making and improved business performance.
- Working with marketing and technical teams to research potential business innovations as part of the innovation pipeline process. Expand our offering by staying on top of mobile and digital health trends and identifying new areas of opportunity.
- Support the development of standard operating procedures for social enterprise businesses, including supporting regulatory, legal and governance across the networks.
- Be the keeper of the social enterprise work plan and lead key projects within the social enterprise unit through all phases of a project life cycle, providing leadership, motivation and inspiration.
- Leverage internal relationships to develop innovative solutions to improve efficiencies and reduce both transaction costs and friction in delivery.
- Proactively improve project management templates and processes.
Who are you?
- You have at least seven years’ of international work experience including experience in project management. Experience with PSI is highly preferred.
- You have a master’s degree in a relevant subject (MPA; MBA) or equivalent experience in related field.
- Experience in developing and understanding project and business dashboards, financial statements, P&L management and business analytics ideal.
- A comprehensive understanding of key PSI markets.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English; Spanish a plus.
- An understanding of marketing, enterprise development, and health markets required.
- Experience managing a team to deliver results critical.
- You have experience with the Microsoft Office Suite; and ERP systems, a plus (Quick Books Enterprise, Lawson, etc.)
What would get us excited?
- The successful candidate will be a creative, innovative and strategic thinker, and will have: excellent communication, analytical, organizational, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills; a passion for private sector approaches to development; and proven ability to produce results.
- Mind for Process Improvement. You bring awareness and commitment to doing work effectively and efficiently. We want people who will see a way to streamline or improve a process and who won’t hesitate to share their ideas in making it happen.
- Team Player. You know how to connect several diverse groups of people in order to get things done.
- Self-Starter. You are not afraid to jump in from the start and get your hands dirty with minimal direction.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.