Senior Trachoma Adviser
Fred Hollows Foundation, Sydney, Australia
- Are you a Trachoma expert, with strong program development and technical expertise?
- Make a difference as a dynamic member of our International Programs Team
- 12 month maternity leave cover
- Flexible location - Sydney, Australia; London, United Kingdom, or the USA
- Come and join our international development organisation where we are ensuring that the vision of Fred Hollows lives on.
We are working to end avoidable blindness by 2020, and are committed to working with partners to bring about change that is sustainable and reaches the most vulnerable communities.
- This is an exciting opportunity for a public health professional with expertise in Trachoma Elimination programs.
- The Senior Trachoma Advisor will provide The Foundation’s country programs with strategic guidance and technical support for achieving program goals and for improving the quality and effectiveness of our trachoma elimination efforts.
- This role will also be accountable for facilitating coordination and learning across the key trachoma elimination programs within The Fred Hollows Foundation.
Qualification & Requirements
- You will have relevant tertiary qualifications and at least eight years’ experience in international public health or development, including experience developing and delivering programs for the elimination of Trachoma or Neglected Tropical Diseases.
- You will have experience in program cycle management, including the development of theories of change and monitoring, evaluation and learning frameworks.
- You will have experience managing donor grants and possess the ability to identify and develop risk minimization strategies to ensure program outcomes are met.
- You will have excellent written and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate professionally at all levels, across donors, partners, and management.
- Critical to your success will be your positive and self-motivated approach, as well as organisational and time management skills to ensure you manage conflicting deadlines.
- This role will require international travel. We are flexible about where we locate this position, but frequent travel to Eastern Africa will be an essential requirement.