The IRC is seeking a Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) Senior Manager with a strong background in design and implementation of community-based interventions for GBV prevention and response and experience in managing teams and building the capacity of staff. The WPE Senior Manager will work closely with the WPE Coordinator and the four WPE Managers in Akkar, Bekaa and T5 to ensure quality and timely implementation of the WPE program.
The position will be based in Beirut with travel to sites of implementation in the Bekaa, North Lebanon and Tripoli 5 region.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Team management and capacity building:
- Provide technical support to four WPE Managers to ensure efficient team management and quality program implementation
- Support WPE Managers to create capacity development plans for their teams based on assessed capacity gaps
- Develop and facilitate trainings on GBV technical topics for staff and other service providers
- Support the WPE Coordinator in managing and providing support to the WPE team across the country as requested
- Directly supervise the Program Managers, the Adolescent Girls Manager, the Capacity building Manager and the Administrative Assistant based in Beirut to ensure efficient work and program support
- Take responsibility for discussing job expectations, performance, and objectives through providing ongoing feedback and as a part of the annual Performance Review and Planning Process
Program Implementation and Monitoring:
- Provide technical support and quality oversight during implementation of key components of the program
- Provide support to the team in the development and use of M&E tools to monitor program implementation and quality, as well as to collect feedback from beneficiaries
- Oversee development and mainstreaming of targeted activities for adolescent girls across all WPE implementation sites and document lessons learnt
- Support WPE Managers in monitoring and managing the project budgets and review monthly spending updates
- Lead regular reporting to donors, coordination mechanisms and IRC headquarters in collaboration with field teams, M&E and Training Officer and WPE Coordinator
- Work closely with field teams to maintain and update project planning and reporting documents
- Support WPE Coordinator and field teams in liaising with Supply Chain, Finance and HR departments to ensure timely delivery of program resources and adherence to IRC policies and procedures
- Support in the overall achievement of grant activities, deliverables, and budget compliance within donor guidelines.
Program development & Coordination:
- Provide input into program development and strategic planning for the WPE sector in Lebanon
- Support WPE Managers in representing IRC to GBV and Protection local coordination mechanisms
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders to enhance cooperation and coordination.
- Support the WPE Coordinator as requested
- Staff Management and Development
- Coach, train, and mentor staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance
- Supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely constructive performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual performance reviews.
- Promote and monitor staff care and well-being; approve and manage all leave requests to ensure adequate coverage.
- Offer leadership support for successful adherence by staff to IRC’s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs. All IRC staff is required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: WPE Coordinator
Position directly supervises: Program Managers
Position works with: Adolescent Girls Manager, Capacity Building Manager, Senior Officers, and frontline workers
- University degree in Gender or Women Studies, Social Work, Public Health, International Affairs or other relevant field
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience in the area of GBV prevention and response
- In-depth understanding of the root causes of GBV, related international standards, and GBV prevention and response strategies
- Proven leadership, program and staff management skills
- Competency in developing budgets and proposals, writing donor reports
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills. Ability to multi-task, handle pressure, work with limited supervision and be a good team player
- Experience working in unstable security situations and managing teams remotely preferred
- Working Environment: Travel and other requirements: Staff will be based in Beirut, with extensive trainings in different fields.