State Program Manager, Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh (City TBD)
Director - Programs
Duration of Employment:
No of Positions
Pathfinder International is a global non-profit organization with presence in around 20 countries. Globally, the organization champions sexual and reproductive health and rights of communities enabling access to quality services. In particular, contraception, maternal health, abortion, HIV and AIDS, and the emerging area of Population, Health & Environment, are the key focus areas of the organization (www.pathfinder.org).
In India, Pathfinder has had continued existence since 1999 and has since supported governments and local non-profit organizations in improving the health outcomes of adolescents, youth and children particularly among marginalized populations.
Pathfinder intends to support the government of Madhya Pradesh in improving the quality of maternal care, thereby contributing to the immense progress being witnessed in the state in recent years with respect to reducing maternal mortality ratio (MMR). The program is initially intended to be implemented for a period of 24 months beginning January 2016 and will cover the districts in Gwalior division.
The overall approach of the program includes onsite mentoring of service providers in public health facilities on various aspects of maternal and newborn care, and creating linkages between facilities and communities for sustainable services.
Pathfinder International is seeking a person with excellent management and proven advocacy skills to spearhead the initiative on improving the quality of maternal and newborn services in the program geography. The position desires a high degree of competency on technical aspects concerning maternal and newborn health, and family planning, besides an unwavering commitment to the cause. It is pertinent to mention that the position involves working in close collaboration with Government counterparts, and other like-minded stakeholders who are doing wonderful work in the state, already.
- Develop and periodically update a detailed project work-plan.
- Establish a results framework and monitor the project’ progress and achievements vis-à-vis the committed outputs & outcomes.
- Organize, coordinate, and facilitate all training activities under the project.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly narrative programmatic reports, and support in financial reports.
- Co-ordinate with sub-grantees, if any, and ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Support in recrutiment and continued supportive supervsion of project staff & consultants.
- Lead project documentation, which is critical for internal learning and external dissemination.
- Ensure the effective management, maintenance, security, and usage of all project facilities, assets, personnel and equipment.
- Monitoring the punctuality, leave plans, work output of the staff and to raise any other grievances to the Country Office.
- Undertake periodic appraisals of all reporting staff.
- Authorize all necessary project related expenditure and monitor the procurement of material/eqipment in compliance with Country Office policy.
- Preparation of fund request and authorization of expenses.
- Work in close co-ordination with government and other stakeholders at state and district levels.
- Participate/Undertake regular meetings with various stakeholders at state & District levels to share progress and achievements and advocate for problem-solving.
- Organize/ facilitate review meetings and worskhop events at state & district levels.
- Assist in preparation of policy briefs and/or provide relevant information to Country Office for preparation of such briefs for the purpose of policy advocacy at state and national level.
- Any other tasks as assigned by Supervisor and Country Representative.
Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Medicine, Public Health, Management or Social Sciences.
Professional & Personal Competencies
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience implementing National health programs, with at least 3 years’ experience providing technical & managerial support to Public Health system/ NHM.
- Demonstrated expertise in health service delivery, training, and capacity building in one or more of the following technical areas: Maternal Health, New born care & Family planning/ Reproductive health etc.
- Experience in developing medical guidelines, performance improvement standards and curricula and other materials in area of technical expertise.
- Demonstrated experience in strengthening facility-based clinical services in resource-poor settings.
- Strong background in community-based approaches for service delivery and experience working with partners and stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven ability to advocate with government officials, implementing partners and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated presentation skills and ability to effectively communicate and exchange ideas and knowledge with the aim of enhancing outcomes and Project results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English and Hindi).
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Willing to travel extensively, in project intervention areas in Madhya Pradesh.
- Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com subject line ‘State Program Manager’.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Pathfinder International is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, or disability.
- Last date for application: January 20th 2017