Role of State Program Manager (SPM) based at Gopeshwar, District Chamoli
Reporting to the State Head, Uttarakhand the SPM is responsible to deliver business services to form and strengthen producer institutions and entrepreuners in Chamoli, Almora, Pauri, Rudraprayag and other districts of Uttarakhand. S/he will manage all operations in the state and will be responsible for deliverables and outcomes mentioned in the Annual Plan of Operation (APO), product specific business plan as well as projects funded by various donor agencies.
S/he will identify business ideas / new products /services and undertake market research to assess the market potential and identify business development services, make linkages with funding sources and buyers of products and services. S/he will work with State team for fund generation, program planning, organizing, operating, and staffing. S/he is responsible for developing, implementing, managing, and monitoring the Annual Plan of Operations, product specific business plan, and programs for the state in sync with the donor specific project.
- Ensure that all project activities operate consistently and ethically based on the vision and mission and values of the organization.
- Develop and manage programs of Udyogini in Uttarakhand efficiently and effectively.
- Provide effective, gender-sensitive and entrepreneurially driven inspiring leadership for the producer institutions.
- Facilitate entrepreneurs and producer institutions to develop, implement, track, evaluate and modify the business plans.
- Facilitate entrepreneurs and producer institutions to raise funds and investments through government, non-government sources as well as business activities.
- Prepare and submit an Annual Plan of Operations to State Head and Head, Operations and manage state goals and organizational goals effectively and cost effectively, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
- Ensure timely data inputs into the MIS and high quality documentation of the projects and programs as part of the research and dissemination work of Udyogini.
- Write proposals with detailed and accurate budgets and network with various funders to raise funds for the state BDS program (principally government and other donors, where relevant)
- Support SPM to oversee administrative aspects (with help of finance and admin staff) such as maintain office utilities, procurement, fund requests and release, leaves and tours of the team
Qualifications & Experience:
a. Formal Academic:
- Graduate in Science /Economics/Commerce/Agriculture from recognized university; and
- Post Graduate in Economics/Agriculture/Social Work/Management
b. Relevant Training/skills:
- Computer literacy general MS package and Proficient in computer based spread sheets
- Use of Social Media
c. Work Experience
- Minimum of 5-10 years work experience in development programs and resources planning
- Sound knowledge of micro-enterprise or value chain development
- Hands on experiences in managing partnerships and working with varied stakeholders e.g. producer Institutions, government, private sector service providers, NGOs, formal & non formal financial institutions
- Ability to prepare and analyse budgets/ financial statements/ project targets and draw out trends that feed into planning and management decisions
3. Preferred Skills:
- Exposure to micro-enterprise & value chains based enterprises especially in rural/mountain areas
- A very good writing, communication skills in English and Hindi
- Excellent skills in resources (HR, financial, materials & others) coordination, management; and negotiation
- Proactive, work with minimum supervision ; and good team builder
- Understanding of development issues especially for mountain areas in depth
- Gender-sensitive and capacity and interest to develop other staff
- A strong leadership and entrepreneurial ability
- Candidate must be physically fit and willing to travel extensively in districts of Uttarakhand.
- Remuneration will be commensurate with qualification and experience
How to apply
Interested candidates may please apply within 2 weeks along with their CV along with a suitability note (in 500 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about us, visit www.udyogini.org