Role of State Program Manager (SPM) based at Shahdol
Reporting to the Head of Operations, Delhi the SPM is responsible to deliver business services to producer cooperatives in Shahdol, Mandla, Katni, Seoni and Anuppur districts of Madhya Pradesh. S/he will manage all BDS operations in the state and will be responsible for deliverables and outcomes mentioned in the Annual Plan of Operation (APO), product specific business plan as well as projects funded by various donor agencies.
S/he will identify business ideas / new products /services and undertake market research to assess the market potential and identify business development services, make linkages with funding sources and buyers of products and services. S/he will work with support team in Delhi for all fund generation, program planning, organizing, operating, and staffing. S/he is responsible for developing, implementing, managing, and monitoring the Annual Plan of Operations, product specific business plan, and programs for the state in sync with the donor specific project.
- Provide effective, gender-sensitive and entrepreneurially driven inspiring leadership for the Producer Cooperatives.
- Develop and manage finance, administration and programs of Udyogini in Madhya Pradesh efficiently and effectively.
- Facilitate Producer Cooperatives to develop, implement, track, evaluate and modify the business plans.
- Facilitate Producer Cooperatives to raise funds and investments through government, non-government sources as well as business activities.
- Prepare and submit an Annual Plan of Operations to Head of Operations and manage state goals and organizational goals effectively and cost effectively, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
- Ensure timely data inputs into the MIS and high quality documentation of the projects and programs as part of the research and dissemination work of Udyogini.
- Work with the Thematic Coordinators and Head of Operations to prepare the review schedule for monitoring the Annual Plan of Operations, product, specific business plan as well as evaluations of the program outcomes.
- Work closely with the Head of Operations to develop the product specific business plan for the products and services and operational strategy.
- Market Udyogini's work in the state and liaison with government, donors, NGOs, in the state for building an excellent state level presence.
- Write proposals with detailed and accurate budgets and network with various funders to raise funds for the state BDS program (principally government and other donors, where relevant)
- Write proposals with detailed and accurate budgets and network with various institutions to deliver business services (studies, research, evaluation, training etc) to generate revenue for Udyogini
- Work with HR head to implement recruitment, training, and retention strategies of staff.
- Ensure that all project activities operate consistently and ethically based on the vision and mission and values of the organization.
- Create second-line of leadership in the BDS center.
- Ensure team and team members performance assessment completed timely.
Qualifications & Experience:
a. Formal Academic:
- Graduate in Science /Economics/commerce/Engineering from recognized university; and
- MBA with specialization in operations management; or
- Master in Social Entrepreneurship
b. Relevant Training:
- Computer literacy general MS package
- Proficient in computer based spread sheets
c. Work Experience
- Minimum of 5-10 years work experience in development programs and resources planning
- Sound knowledge of micro-enterprise or value chain development
- Hands on experiences in managing partnerships and working with varied stakeholders e.g. Producer Institutions, government, private sector service providers, NGOs, formal & non formal financial institutions
- Ability to prepare and analyses budgets/ financial statements/ project targets and draw out trends that feed into planning and management decisions
3. Preferred Skills:
- Exposure to micro-enterprise & value chains based enterprises especially in rural areas
- A very good writing, communication skills
- Excellent skills in resources (HR, financial, materials & others) coordination, management; and negotiation
- Proactive, work with minimum supervision ; and good team builder
- Understanding of development issues in depth
- Gender-sensitive and capacity and interest to develop other staff
- A strong leadership and entrepreneurial ability
- Candidate must be physically fit and willing to travel extensively in districts of Uttarakhand.
- Remuneration will be commensurate with qualification and experience
How to apply
Interested candidates may please apply within 2 weeks along with their CV along with a suitability note (in 500 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org . To learn more about us, visit www.udyogini.org