SI’s intervention and strategy in Bangladesh is to address primary needs of crisis affected people in terms of food security, livelihood, disaster risk reduction (DRR), water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH) and shelter, by making use of an integrated disaster risk reduction approach and by taking into account the effects of climate change, whilst working in parallel on mid-long term resilience strategies.
SI in 2017 is currently implementing five projects in different areas of intervention:
WASH, FSL, Shelter, DRR, Protection (Emergency programs + non emergency)
SI strategy focuses on 3 axes:
- Emergency preparedness in SI's working areas and emergency response (ER) in all the country.
- Integrated WASH/FSL approach with DRR as a mainstream in all current and future projects.
- Local advocacy approach in Cox's Bazar and at national level to sensitize the stakeholders about protection issues and humanitarian priorities in Bangladesh.
About the job
The Deputy Field Coordinator (DFCo) for Support Services is in charge of SI operations of the Logistics and Admin (HR & Finance) departments at the field level in Cox’s Bazar district / Teknaf base. Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator, he oversees SI support services in the area. He/she will ensure that logistics, HR and finance processes and procedures are respected at the field level and coordinate the work of these departments with the relevant Coordinators in Dhaka. This position also supports the Field Coordinator in the security management at base level and represents SI in the relevant sectorial humanitarian fora (e.g, Logistics Sector) under Field co delegation.
- Oversee the Admin (HR & Finance) Management of the Field Base.
- Oversee the Logistics Management of the field base, with special focus on the strengthening of the supply chain management and rationalization of office and GH premises as per needs.
- Representation & reporting: He/She coordinates SI participations in the support services fora at area level (e.g. Logistics Sector).
- Management: He/She is the direct line manager of the Admin and Logistics manager and will ensure that appropriate support and capacity building is brought to the teams under his/her supervision.
- Security management support: He/She will support the Field Coordinator in the security management of SI staff and operations in the area in line with SI tools and policies.
Specific stakes and challenges
- Large size of operations (with around 150 base staff), including emergency projects having tight implementation timeframes, requiring good decision-making capacities and capacity to work under pressure
- Wide range of donors grants requiring good attention to details and organization capacities.
- Complex local socio-political context (especially relevant for contractors liaison), which requires strong analytical and diplomatic skills
Education: Bac + 5 degree in administrative and financial management
- 3 years minimum experience working in a humanitarian and/or development NGO;
- Proven experience as an efficient and effective manager;
- Exceptional organizational and coordination skills;
- Experience and reliability in handling budgets and logistics procedures
- Strong negotiation skills essential with experience in conflict resolution desirable;
- Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations.
- Fluency in English