World Vision International(WVI), Bujumbura, Burundi
Closing Date for Applications:
System installations and administration
- Install and configure standard WV software and all the business applications including SingleSTEP, OurPeople, SUN6, GIS, LMMS, LQAS, Horizon, Concur, Lotus notes, PAYE , PRF, CTS System, Sponsorship systems and all the partnership and local applications.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers such as GIS server, file server, Active Directory server, DHCP server, DNS server, Domino Server, Pay server, Kyocera Print Server, Disaster Recovery server located in Nairobi, and configure hardware, peripherals, storage like the autoloader used for automatic backup and the Network attached devices.
- Administer servers, desktop computers, phones, smartphones, tablets, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Install configure, upgrade of all the systems on all the smart phone owned by WVB like the Horizon Mobile, Field task software, and all the software used collecting data
- Configure and administer Active Directory (This includes: Add, remove, or update user accounts information, resetting passwords for the domain, etc.)
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures and all the systems documentation.
- Prepare annual operating plan in the area of system in accordance to agreed objectives and in line with Partnership guidelines and NO strategy.
- Analyze, design, implement and maintain scripts based on customer needs/requests, application repackaging for customer, and group policies to support desktop requests from customers.
- Automate manual operations according to user requirements and produce templates to facilitate data capture.
- Troubleshoot server’s operating systems and hardware, and application errors
- Ability to work non-traditional hours
- Administer computer management systems and active directory group policy
- Innovate new systems according to customers need
- Ensure the server room is well kept and maintained to the highest level of cleanliness and safety.
Business Continuity/Contingency plan
- Develop, document, test and review NO, and Cluster Business Continuity Plan and contingency plan in the systems area
- Have an operational backup policy for all business critical data.
- Perform daily, weekly and Monthly backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data for NO and Clusters’s are successfully backed up to the appropriate media and sent off site according to ICT Policy.
- Test backups once every month
- Contribute and frequently review disaster mitigation and management plans for the entire NO with the aim of improving with immerging technologies in systems.
Support and train staff on systems
- Design and conduct training programs; providing references and manuals to Staff.
- Provide ICT support especially on systems related problems, according to SLA.
- Provide technical support to meetings.
- Configure and install desktop PCs, peripheral equipment, laptops and other mobile devices
- Perform software by following design or installation specifications.
- Diagnose incidents/problems by evaluating multiple options.
- Develops checklists and scripts for resolving routine problems.
- Escalate problems when necessary.
- Document problem status and resolution in tracking log.
- Interact with clients in a courteous and professional manner.
- Collaborate wisely with the network administrator especially on all those tasks that affect/touch the network connectivity.
- Identify and analyze potential issues with WV Burundi ICT systems and take proactive measures to prevent them from happening
- Maintain system performance by doing system monitoring & analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum Qualification required: BSc in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Must have at least basic understanding of Computer networking
- Must be at least MCSE certified.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the administration of an office network and systems
- Preferred: Working experience in Lotus Domino and Client, Sun Systems, Windows Operating Systems (Server and Client), computer networking
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MSCE)
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Problem Solving,
- Strategic Planning,
- Customer Service approach
- Communication skills
- Ability to work non-traditional hours
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff.
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 10% Field travel is required.
- On call: 30%
How to apply:
- Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-burundi.
- If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details.
- This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts.
- Registration requires minimal information to create your account.
- Further details will be collected during the application process.
- All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
- In case you face challenges applying through the online system, please call HR department for support.
- The closing date for submission of applications (Updated and signed CV, certificates of service, and Certified Degrees) is August 12, 2016; no late applications will be accepted.