Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is responding to a Task Order under the Asia Learning and Monitoring and Evaluation (ALME) contract to conduct an evaluation of a reproductive health, maternal, neonatal and child health (MNCH) project in India.
Social Impact is seeking a consultant Team Leader to lead the evaluation of the MNCH project. The Team Leader will oversee evaluation planning, implementation and reporting and serve as the primary point of contact with ALME/USAID India. It is expected that the work will take place both remotely, and with travel to India.
- Provide overall oversight and management of the evaluation team.
- Refine the evaluation strategy and convert the strategy into a realistic evaluation work plan
- Finalize and negotiate the evaluation work plan with ALME/USAID India.
- Lead the design and implementation of data collection protocols and instruments
- Establish evaluation team roles, responsibilities, and tasks.
- Ensure all necessary evaluation approvals are obtained.
- Prepare for and lead remote and in-country data collection efforts.
- Provide quality assurance, applying SI standard measures, throughout all phases of the evaluation
- Manage all contract reporting and document production.
- Manage team coordination meetings in-country and ensure that team members are working to schedule.
- Coordinate the process of assembling individual input/findings for the evaluation report and finalizing the evaluation report.
- Lead the preparation and presentation of key evaluation findings and recommendations to ALME/USAID India team.
- Support the development and implementation of a findings utilization plan as necessary.
- Advanced degree in reproductive health, child health, public health, community development or a related relevant field required.
- At least ten years of experience in a relevant healthcare or healthcare-focused role working with women and/or children.
- Proven experience in a team management or management role, preferably working in a health and health-evaluation context.
- A strong understanding of various quantitative and qualitative evaluation methodologies, surveys, and econometric/statistical analysis.
- Experience undertaking large evaluation/impact assessments projects using mixed methods approaches that meet recognized standards for credibility and rigor.
- · Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills and task management.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.