What to do if you missed a phone call from your prospective employer?
- BY Amber Wilson
Procurement Technical Project Assistant (TPA)
The Procurement TPA will support the program team for implementing TTL(Tindog Tabang Leyteno) program in partnership with American Red Cross. The aim is to provide appropriate recovery support for the most vulnerable families affected by the typhoon Haiyan in Leyte. The project timeline will be minimum a year with staff capacity building activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversee and manage procurement process including public bidding and ensure that the procurement is completed in time and a very cost efficient manner.
· Arrange and follow PRC procurement policy and procurement norms for all type of procurement.
· Work with program teams in obtaining purchase requisitions with the detailed specification to start the procurement process well in advance.
· Do a market survey and supplier assessment regularly to assess the market trends and to know average costs of material/ items needed by PRC, availability of types of goods/equipment and services and share the same to the management.
· Maintain market price/rate of all goods/materials that generally ARC purchases and help the program team to prepare the estimation before the purchase process is started.
· Ensure PRC procurement norms are by the local statutory requirement. Any difference should be brought to the attention of the management.
· Maintain vendors/suppliers database with their company profile according to the type of business and trade and update it regularly.
· Maintain procurement file in an appropriate fashion and order including – requisition, quotes/bid comparison, evaluation, approval, contract/purchase order, delivery note, etc. for each purchase.
Minimum Education & Skills:
· Bachelor of Business Administration degree or Equal purchasing experience.
· Self-supporting computer skill especially in MS Office packages: Excel formula skill would be an added advantage
· Fluency in English both written and spoken.
· Good negotiation skill.
· Minimum of 3 years commercial or humanitarian experience.
· Highly organised to manage a large number of tasks in the stressful environment.
· Red Cross experience would be an asset.
· Work harmoniously with colleagues and assist staff in the unit during peak loads, and in the absence of staff.
Office (80%) and Field (20%) environment (Office in Tacloban Municipality).
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover/application letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your email, please state the position you are applying for, your surname and first name. (SUBJECT: POSITION - LAST NAME, FIRST NAME)
Deadline for Submission: January 13, 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and selected candidate will be offered an attractive salary and other benefits with minimum six months contract.