Temporary Country Representative
Population Services International, Nepal
We're Population Services International (PSI), the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing. There are over 9,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. It's a motivated group of entrepreneurs and professionals with a diverse range of backgrounds all the way from the medical industry to the music business, all with unique skills we bring to the job.
The Temporary Country Representative is the senior PSI official in the host country and is responsible for all PSI activities in that country. The Temporary Country Representative
- represents PSI to government, key stakeholders and donors;
- directs international staff and host country national staff;
- develops new business opportunities; ensures contract compliance;
- manages financial, administrative and logistical resources;
- prepares and executes budgets, marketing plans and work plans;
- ensures adherence to PSI minimum standards;
- assures the effective implementation of a wide array of programs.
You will be responsible for the overall development, management (financial, administrative, and programmatic), and representation of PSI's activities in Nepal. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Leadership of a senior management team including departmental heads of team responsible for: marketing and communications; technical services ; strategic evidence and research; finance & administration; and human resources;
- Oversight of all projects in platform portfolio, including achievements of program deliverables and targets and spending;
- External relations and positioning of PSI with multiple donors, government, NGO, and commercial entities;
- Oversight of internal controls and accountability mechanisms; and
- Demonstrate and promote an ethical environment, in line with PSI's values of honesty and acting with integrity;
- Develop and maintain systems that ensure the safety and security of the team and PSI assets in all aspects of its work according to best practices, PSI operating standards and field realities;
- Liaise with the Global Security Department and Deputy Regional Director on crucial events, high-risk periods, incident reporting and security policy changes
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience; with minimum five years management experience in a developing country;
- Relevant post-graduate degree (MBA, MIA, MPH, etc.) or equivalent experience;
- Significant fundraising, personnel, operational and financial management experience preferably in Asia, with a technical background in marketing, advertising, or communications a plus;
- Demonstrated strengths in strategic organizational leadership;
- Knowledge of international development and health issues;
- Proven ability to develop and mentor staff;
- Familiarity with the international donor community;
- Experience working in fragile states and/or situations of political sensitivity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and cultural sensitivity.