Current Hiring Practices and Trends in the Development Sector
- BY David Mackenzie
Oasis India (www.oasisindia.org) has been in existence since 1994 and is currently engaged in projects based on education, training, microfinance, health & psychosocial care as well as residential rehabilitation. These projects aim to help people move from being victims of injustice, poverty or other marginalization, to living and contributing to stable life in community. We are located in the cities of Bangalore, Chennai, and Mumbai.
• Responsible to teach computers to the trainees in the programme.
• Review the current curriculum and along with Education Coordinator revise curriculum to be of optimum use to beneficiaries.
• Conduct timely assessments for the trainees on a regular basis and adapt teaching methods used to ensure internalization of information by the trainees.
• Responsible, with the Project Coordinator and other staff, to ensure job placements for trainees.
• Responsible to recruit new trainees to ensure full batch of trainees in the programme.
• Ensure timely documentation of records, reports and other documents related to the computer programme and their submission to the Project Coordinator.
• Coordinate the training schedules and effective running of the computer programme in consultation with the Education Coordinator.
• Maintain an effective partnership with parents, the wider community and key stakeholders to support and improve the trainee’s achievement and personal development.
• Monitor and evaluate the progress of the computer programme through appropriate methods.
• Implement administrative and financial policies.
• Ensure records and registers maintained in the centre are up to date.
• Ensure all monetary transactions are recorded and maintained in the registers concerned.
• Coordinate the settlement of accounts through vouchers with the Project Coordinator and other staff concerned.
• Manage the petty cash of the programme.
• Manage the maintenance of assets in the office and the maintenance of the premises.
• Ensure along with the Project Coordinator that staff leave is updated and leave slips maintained.
• Carry out other tasks relating to the job description as may be reasonably required by the Project Coordinator.
Qualifications & Experience: Any graduate with 2-3 years’ experience in teaching & administration with knowledge of English and Kannada. Knowledge of MS Office is a must. Should be skilled in networking, communication, relationship building, with the ability to be pro-active. Location: Halleguddadahalli, 20 minutes from Kempegowda Bus Station; Work timings: 10:30 am – 06:30 pm.