SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship, so that young ambitious people are empowered to lead their post-conflict society into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing not-for-profit development organization with 80 staff members that helps young entrepreneurs to start or grow their own businesses. SPARK helps displaced youth to access higher education in conflict areas. Moreover, SPARK assists post-secondary education institutions to reform their curricula to better meet the needs of the labour markets. Based in Amsterdam, SPARK has offices in among others Abidjan, Amman, Beirut, Belgrade, Bujumbura, Gaziantep, Erbil, Hargeisa, Juba, Kigali, Mitrovica, Monrovia, Ramallah, Sanaa and Tunis.
SPARK is currently looking to fill the position of:
United Work Programme Manager
In 2017 SPARK and Holland Group will start the United Work programme in Turkey. United Work will support refugees to become employees.
Syrian refugees lack support to obtain work and to provide in their own subsistence. Large numbers of Syrian refugees represent workforces that could be utilised by Dutch companies. Currently they are deprived of the opportunity to work and provide a positive contribution to society and to sustain themselves and their relatives. Although many companies are willing to make a positive contribution to refugee-related issues they lack access to an employable workforce for current and future vacancies. Syrian refugees, despite their potential, are insufficiently employable and lack relevant skill sets, work attitude and rhythm, as well as knowledge.
An experienced intermediary agency is currently lacking – with capacity to build an employer’s network, fulfil job matching, and providing training in appropriate skills to increase employ-ability of candidates. The United Work programme will fill this gap. SPARK is looking for a United Work Programme Manager who will play an essential role in starting up the programme and managing implementation of the programme.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Overall management, reporting and implementation of the programme;
• Responsible for sound programmatic, technical, logistical and administrative management components outcomes;
• Supervise financial and administrative management of the programme;
• Provide organisational and logistical support for other missions and ongoing activities in the region;
• Represent SPARK in lobbying, advocacy activities in the region;
• Under supervision of the SPARK director responsible for donors relation and represent SPARK in donor’s coordination meetings
• Other tasks as required.
• Work closely with partner organisations on the start-up of the programme and implementation of the activities;
Requirements and skills:
• Experience in managing large, multiyear complex projects with budgets exceeding 5 million EUR or USD
• Extensive experience/knowledge of Project Cycle Management and the Logical Framework Approach;
• Proven experience in the region;
• Good communication and social skills and the ability to work in a multicultural setting.
• Knowledge of the political and economic situation in the MENA region;
• Accurate, structured and precise;
• Flexible and responsible;
• Fluent in English is necessary, Turkish is an advantage;
• A minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience as a programme manager;
• Proven organisational skills and the ability to work independently;
• Accurate, structured and precise;
• Strong writing and reporting skills;
• Remuneration according to relevant work experience;
• International and dynamic working environment;
• Full-time contract for 12 months with possibility for extension
We are looking for candidates who can start as soon as possible. Turkish nationals are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested, please send your letter of motivation and your CV before (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org with Reference: United Work Programme Manager Turkey
* Due to a large volume of applicants, we cannot respond to every applicant. After the deadline for application we will screen all applications invite selected applicants for the first round of interviews. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
For questions about the vacancy, please contact Kaan Ozdurak at email@example.com or +31 20 753 0311