Through this placement, you will be directly contributing to and supporting Cuso International Philippines in the implementation of the Building Resilience and Adaptability through Volunteer Organizations (BRAVO) Project, a 30-months Innovation Fund project within the Volunteers for International Cooperation and Empowerment (VOICE) program, in partnership with Canadian Red Cross Society (CRCS) and Philippine Red Cross (PRC). The goal of BRAVO Project is to support PRC in developing and testing innovative solutions in addressing volunteer retention issues and strengthening its volunteer management systems.
You will work directly with Cuso International, Canadian Red Cross and Philippine Red Cross staff in Manila and also in the Philippine Red Cross chapters in the provinces of Capiz, Antique and Aklan (Ca-AnAk), Panay Island in Western Visayas to support the capacity strengthening of the three chapters in the area of volunteer management and to assist develop a long-term strategy for building the Red Cross 143 Volunteer Program. You will work with them to establish policies, procedures, guidelines and manuals for engaging and retaining local volunteers.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Review and familiarize self with BRAVO project documents, PRC volunteer 143 program, meeting with PRC/CRC teams in Manila and in 3 chapters in Antique, Aklan and Capiz, etc.
- Work with each chapter staff in Capiz, Antique and Aklan to observe and assess volunteer process in order to suggest improvements, steps and opportunities for streamlining volunteer management and systems
- Work with each chapter administrator and volunteer services coordinator to determine needs, issues for managing and retaining RC-143 volunteers on the ground and develop systems
- Work with each chapter staff to develop a long-term strategy how to increase and retain RC-143 volunteers
Essential Academic Qualifications: A university degree in Social Sciences
Essential Professional Background:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in volunteer management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of participatory approaches and training skills
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer (Return flight, emergency medical insurance, vaccinations)
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation