Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking a talented individual for the role of a Volunteer Programs Specialist. Reporting to the Manager, Volunteer Programs Asia-Pacific, the Volunteer Programs Specialist a key player in implementing the volunteer engagement strategy in the region. This position works closely with volunteer-hosting and volunteer-sending countries in Asia-Pacific and other regional offices, and in close coordination with the Global Volunteer Engagement and Support team in the US in order to create a pool of committed and engaged volunteers.
As a member of the Resource Development Department, the Volunteer Programs Specialist shall contribute to the strengthening of donor portfolio by tapping the volunteer markets and engaging them as supporters and donors at the same time as advocates for affordable and decent housing. This position will be based in Manila, Philippines.
PROGRAM SUPPORT AND COORDINATION - 25%
- In partnership with volunteer-hosting and sending countries, coordinate all aspects of the Global Village volunteer journey (marketing, recruitment, training, deployment and post-build activities) and provide specialized support on regional volunteer engagement initiatives such as but not limited to Habitat Young Leaders Build, Women’s Build and other special/big builds that are organized by national organizations or the Area Office.
- The Specialist-Volunteer Programs will lead in the program coordination and development of Global Village and other short-term trips ensuring effective delivery, compliance and alignment to Habitat's minimum standards in sending and hosting volunteers.
VOLUNTEER MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS - 20%
- Responsible in the development of regional marketing and promotional materials that will help position Habitat's brand in volunteering including reporting of annual milestones and achievements to internal and external audiences.
- With the support of Communications and Resource Development departments, the Specialist-Volunteer Programs will maximize opportunities to promote Global Village and other volunteer programs, products and services in the region and lead in developing key messages that will highlight our theory of change and its impact to development.
INFORMATION MANAGEMENT - 20%
- Manage the international teams calendar (ITC) and ensure efficient utilization of the database working with at least 18 national organizations in Asia-Pacific, the US, Canada, and other parts of the world where Habitat deploys, mobilizes and recruits international volunteers and work teams.
- The Specialist-Volunteer Programs will harness the use of technology and other innovations in volunteer-donor reporting, donor care and stewardship and volunteer management systems.
CAPACITY BUILDING - 15%
- Lead in the design and delivery of training opportunities to upgrade staff skills in volunteer management, program development, volunteer fundraising and events, and collaborate with other departments and offices in providing holistic support to national organizations.
- In addition, the Specialist-Volunteer Programs will be responsible in organizing regional training and workshops to monitor progress of volunteer programs strategic and business plans and in supporting national organizations in their annual accreditation process.
MONITORING AND EVALUATION - 10%
- Ensure timely consolidation and submission of reports including documentation of critical volunteer program milestones and achievements such as annual and quarterly reporting, divisional and global reporting, monitoring of program metrics and compliance to Habitat's standards of excellence (SOE) in volunteer engagement.
- The Specialist-Volunteer Programs needs to ensure that minimum standards are met by all Habitat entities in the region.
RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT - 10%
- Support the Impact Asia Leadership Builders with the area office Resource Development team and assist in expanding Habitat’s donor portfolio by tapping domestic volunteers, international work teams, youth leaders, ambassadors, major donors and celebrities and activating them to form part Habitat's pool of donors and supporters.
- The Specialist will support the Resource Development team in cultivating volunteer interest and tapping volunteer skills into other Resource Development channels to fund the mission.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3 years related experience in volunteer program development and management; marketing and communications; coordination for non-profit.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Exceptional client service focus.
- Software: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Photoshop/graphic designs, general web skills (email, search).
- A keen eye for analysis.
- Ability to dig into the details while still seeing the big picture.
- Web advertising and analytics skills (SEO, paid search, traffic analytics).
- Media relations experience.
- Strategic thinker; strong background in product development.
- Successful team building skills, team player.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent training and mentoring skills.
- Ability to work in cross-cultural setting.