The Warehouse Assistant and Forklift Operator will support the program team for implementing TTL(Tindog Tabang Leyteno) program in partnership with American Red Cross. The aim is to provide appropriate recovery support for the most vulnerable families affected by the typhoon Haiyan in Leyte. The project is almost in its last year of completion with staff capacity building activities (project implementation phase is July 2014 to December 2017).
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Control supply stock and dispatches to ensure there is no undue overstocking or loss.
• Monitor and maintain the movement of material from warehouse to field site; keep the proper documents for day-to-day activities and report to the warehouse assistant.
• Ensure cleanliness and safe stacking practices in the warehouse; always follow quality control practices for upcoming goods and allocate required space before the goods arrival.
• Operate the Forklift according to the daily need, and ensure the forklift maintain as per the standard maintenance schedule.
• Maintain fuel and maintenance schedule for forklift and submit a monthly report on forklift usage.
• Prepare required documentation for dispatching and receiving items-Eg: GRN, Waybill, Tally sheets, GatePass, etc
• Maintain proper and updated records of items kept in the store. That bin cards, stock cards, ledgers and other documents are correctly filled.
• Keep the management well informed about the minimum stock balances about consumption rate. Advise relevant sections to re-order stock.
• Ensure that unauthorised persons do not access the forklift and other warehouse assets
• Conduct regular physical stock counts and produce a monthly stock inventory
• Provide on the job training for Volunteers on Forklift operation
• Submit weekly work plan and reports to Warehouse Technical Project Assistant
• Any other business requested by the line manager
Minimum Education & Skills:
· High school qualification with forklift operation experience.
· Holding professional forklift or heavy vehicle driving license.
· Fluency in English both written and spoken.
· Minimum of 3 years commercial or humanitarian experience.
· People Management and Store management skill.
· Red Cross experience would be an asset.
· Work harmoniously with colleagues and assist staff in the unit during peak loads, and in the absence of staff.
Warehouse (80%) and Field (20%) environment (Office is in Macarthur Municipality).
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover/application letter by email to email@example.com
. In the subject line of your email, please state the position you are applying for, your surname and first name. (SUBJECT: POSITION - LAST NAME, FIRST NAME)
Deadline for Submission: January 13, 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and selected candidate will be offered an attractive salary and other benefits with minimum six months contract.*