For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position:
Accountable for professional technical contribution to programme/project design, planning, administration and monitoring of WASH programme/project activities, data analysis and progress reporting, and commitment for enhancement of teamwork and capacity building, in support of achievement of planned objectives of the work plan, aligned with country programme goals and strategy in a convergent and inter-UN agency decentralized programming context.
Key Expected Results:
- Accurate , complete and up-to-date information made available for effective budget preparation, programme and project design, implementation and management, including emergency preparedness and response.
- Programme efficiency and effectiveness enhanced through effective implementation follow-on.
- Progress reports and project work plans timely prepared, and effective technical assistance provided in the identification of required supplies and equipment , and in the drafting of Country Programme Recommendation and other project documentation , with specific attention to gender/sex disaggregation of relevant indicators.
- Appropriateness and completeness of financial and supply documentation as well as adherence to established allotments ensured.
- Knowledge sharing with counterparts. WASH sectoral stakeholders, donors and media promoted.
- Effective communication and networking achieved through partnership and collaboration including support to and facilitation of the IASC WASH Cluster as appropriate.
Qualification and work experience:
- University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering , Geology , Hydrology, Sanitation Engineering, or a field relevant to international WASH related development assistance.
- Additional training in Health Education or Communication for Development (Programme Communication), is an asset.
- Two years of professional work experience and field work experience Background/familiarity with Emergency preparedness and response an asset
- Fluency in English and very good working knowledge of Bangla