Yolanda Emergency Response Manager
Plan International, Tacloban City, Philippines
- We are looking for an exceptional, highly experienced Emergency Response Manager. You will lead and manage the Typhoon Yolanda Disaster response program.
- You will be responsible for the quality and effectiveness of Plan International's emergency response, recovery and rehabilitation program.
- The post has overall responsibility for the security and well-being of all program staff and assets.
- In addition you will provide strategic leadership in all areas of emergency programming and strengthen the overall capacity to be prepared and respond to emergencies in accordance with accepted principles and practices, as well as strategically integrate emergency programming within the overall program approach.
- Proven relevant humanitarian aid experience in complex and natural disasters
- High level of all aspects of managerial experience, including managing multi-million dollar budgets
- Experience in complex decision making and leading a multi-disciplinary, multi-national team under difficult circumstances
- High level of expertise in representation and negotiation with governments and donors
- Strong understanding of the humanitarian emergency operating context, including Sphere, the humanitarian system, donors, security, civil military liaison and program management
- Experienced in project design, planning, proposal writing and project reporting
- Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership and is able to support and train local and international staff and also able to work with disaster affected communities in a sensitive and participatory manner.
- Relevant knowledge on general finance, administration, information management and telecommunication skills and proficiency in information technology/ computer skills
- Ability to demonstrate awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity.