Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Independent Consultant, South India 2013 - now
Consulting in CSR and Sustainability (strategy, planning and implementation), Financial inclusion, Programme and Partnership development.
CSR Advisor to UNICEF (August – December 2014)
Infrastructure Development Finance Company Ltd. (IDFC), Chennai 2008 - 2012
Director, IDFC Foundation
· Built strategic partnerships with like-minded organisations to help entities/government deliver large scale impact in sectors such as Skills, Education, Healthcare and Transportation
· Evaluated and Funded entities in the Skills/Healthcare space that provide innovative solutions to address the needs of the underprivileged sections of society
· Led Sustainability Reporting and Compliance with regard to pacts such as UN Global Compact, UN Principles for Responsible Investment and Carbon Disclosure Project; also, led voluntary initiatives in CSR to increase social awareness among employees
· Measured the carbon footprint (ISO 14064) of internal operations and implemented measures to reduce environmental impact through resource efficiency and conservation; also, led the project and achieved LEED Gold certification for the Chennai office.
Network Enterprises Fund (ICICI funded IFMR Trust), Chennai 2007 - 2008
Vice President, Business Development
· Managed and coordinated Business Development activities of the Social Venture Fund that included networking with partner organizations, exploring new business opportunities and working with potential investee companies to re-engineer business models and develop business plans
· Developed a pipeline of dealflow for investments in specified sectors such as Renewable Energy, Rural BPO, Skills, Education, Water, Waste and Rural Tourism
· Mentored incubated companies, networked them with our partner organizations and worked with them on identifying strategies for expansion