20+ years of experience in a senior position coordinating public health and community development projects of Government of India and donor funded PPP Programs.
· Effectively coordinated with international - IPPF, Global fund, BMGF, UNDP, Ford foundation, GTZ, DFID and Central/State Govt., agencies to realize their vision and objectives. This involves working with state level institutions, down to village panchayats, habitations to ensure that the vision and objectives percolates down to the grass root level, empowering and motivating the target groups.
· Served as Joint Director-TI [National AIDS Control Organization – Government of India] Tamil nadu chapter managed HIV/AIDS prevention- Targetted Interventions with a budget of Rs. 25 crores per year.
· Had the privilege of participating in the IPPF project in 1994 as a facilitator gained valuable experience in interacting with urban poor on sensitive health issues like S & RH
· As block coordinator - DRDA’s TSP program [Govt. of T.N] organized and supervised the “Total Sanitation Program”. This involves realizing the installation of more than 6000 toilets and sanitary complexes for women and creating the systemsfor the up keep / maintenance.
· Developed implementation of effective communication between and among various government structures, stakeholders and managed district/block/village level field action research for sharing field inputs to communication needs assessment of poverty reduction project – Government of Tamil nadu.
· Tsunami relief – Actively participated in the relief operations leading a team of student volunteers from all schools of social work
· As an assignment - finishing school program coordinated with leading industrial houses and arranged in-plant trainings and placement. This includes counseling and grooming the students. Teaching and guiding the students of Anna University and Madras Christian College in their MBA/MSW programs