Applications are open for Alfa Fellowship Program that was founded in 2004 with the goal of fostering a community of emerging leaders who have first-hand experience in the business, public policy, and cultural environments of Russia and the region.
The Program is funded by Alfa-Bank and is administered in the U.S., U.K., and Germany by Cultural Vistas and in Moscow by the Fund for International Fellowships and Cultural Dialogue.
- Round-trip transportation to New York City or London and accommodation (if needed) for selection interviews.
- Orientation seminar in Washington, D.C., including speakers, activities, travel, and accommodation.
- Program-related transportation between U.S./U.K./Germany and Russia.
- Pre-departure and Russia-based language training.
- Moscow Seminar Program, including briefings, assignment planning, and excursions.
- A generous monthly stipend during the program in Russia.
- All program-related travel within Russia.
- Accommodation in Moscow.
- Limited international health, accident, and liability insurance during the program in Russia.
- Alfa Fellows have a demonstrated interest in Russian and European/Eurasian affairs, exceptional academic and professional credentials, proven personal initiative, and clear goals and expectations for their professional assignments.
- Fellows tend to be between the ages of 25 and 35 with graduate degrees and professional experience in business, economics, journalism, law, public policy or a related field.
- Fellows possess leadership potential and are active in community or public service.
- While Russian language skills vary, most Fellows have studied Russian for at least two years at the post-secondary level.
- U.S., U.K., or German citizens between the ages of 25 and 35 (Russian citizens are ineligible to apply, including individuals who are also citizens of the United States, United Kingdom or Germany);
- Graduate degree and at least two years of relevant professional experience in business, economics, journalism, law, public policy or a related field. Candidates without a graduate degree completed or in progress must have an undergraduate degree and approximately 5-6 years of professional experience in their field.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via https://www.alphagamma.eu/opportunities/alfa-fellowship-program-2017/