Applications are now open for the 2020 National Water Agency (ANA) Award to recognize works that contribute to water security, management and sustainable use of water for the sustainable development of Brazil.
- The winners of the ANA 2020 Award will receive a trophy, in an award ceremony, to be held in Brasília (DF).
- The three finalists in each category will receive a certificate, attesting to their status as a finalist in the competition and will participate in the award ceremony.
- ANA will pay the finalists’ daily rates and tickets for transfer within the national territory, for two people. Finalists and winners will have the right to use the ANA Award Seal: Finalist and the ANA Award Seal: Winner, respectively, in the printed or electronic advertising materials of the awarded initiatives.
This edition of the ANA Award includes the following categories:
- It encompasses organs and entities of the Federal, State, District or Municipal Public Administration, within the scope of the Executive, Legislative or Judicial Powers, as well as the Public Ministry, public defenders and the courts of accounts.
Micro or Small Business
- Public or private companies classified as micro or small, that is, with annual sales equal to or less than R $ 4.8 million, according to Complementary Law No. 123, of December 14, 2006.
Medium and large companies
- Public or private companies with annual sales exceeding R $ 4.8 million.
- It covers students and professionals from secondary and elementary education institutions, as well as non-formal education institutions, such as museums, cultural centers, science centers, environmental education, libraries, botanical, zoological and planetary gardens.
Technological Research and Innovation
- It includes professionals and students focused on the scientific and technological production of higher education and / or research institutions.
- It includes non-profit non-governmental associations (also called civil society organizations), with activities in the area of water resources and the environment, associations of users of water resources, inter-municipal consortia, with actions in the area of water resources.
- It covers reports and content broadcast or published by communication vehicles on analog and digital platforms, such as newspapers, magazines, news portals, TV, radio. The contents must have been shown to be from July 1, 2017 until the end of the registration for this edition of the Award.
- Entities of the National Water Resources Management Sysytem (SINGREH)
- Water resources management bodies, water resources councils, river basin committees, water agencies and delegates of the functions of basin agencies.
Projects and initiatives that contribute to the sustainable development of water resources through the management, conservation and efficient use of water, combating waste and pollution of water resources, in the categories contemplated, can compete for the ANA Award.
The merit assessment will be carried out by the Judging Committee, with support from the Organizing Committee and ANA staff. The Judging Committee will proceed with the selection of three finalist applications, among which will appoint the only winner in each of the categories, according to an objective analysis of the following criteria:
- Social and environmental impacts
- Potential for diffusion
- Social adhesion