The Atlantic Area Transnational Cooperation Programme 2014-2020 has announced its first call for Expressions of interest (EOIs). A two stage application process has been agreed for this initial and subsequent Programme calls, beginning with a call for EOI’s.
The Programme is financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and supports cooperation addressing shared regional challenges and innovative approaches to strengthen territorial and sustainable economic development in the Atlantic Area.
Each priority with the specific objectives are as follows:
- Stimulating innovation and competitiveness
- Enhancing innovation capacity through cooperation to foster competitiveness
- Strengthening the transfer of innovation results to facilitate the emergence of new products, services and processes
- Fostering resource efficiency
- Fostering renewable energies and energy efficiency
- Fostering Green Growth, eco-innovation and environmental efficiency
- Strengthening the territory’s resilience to risks of natural, climate and human origin
- Strengthening risk management systems
- Enhancing biodiversity and natural and cultural assets
- Improving the protection of biodiversity and enhancing ecosystems’ services
- Enhancing natural and cultural assets to stimulate economic development
- A wide range of organisations under public or private law, are potential beneficiaries of European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and may therefore join a project partnership. However, the Lead Partner must be a public or not-for-profit private organisation under national law.
- One key factor for high quality projects is the mobilization of key players, with a full range of relevant stakeholders and a well-balanced involvement of regions and a good geographical spread across the Atlantic Area.
- Project partners must be located within the eligible territory of the Atlantic Area regions. However, organisations based outside the cooperation area in the EU or third countries can participate if the benefit for regions in the cooperation area is demonstrated.
How to Apply
Application submission is organised in two stages:
- Submission and selection of Expressions of Interest
- Submission and approval of full applications
To apply applicants must submit an Expression of Interest by means of the online application form available on the website.
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK
For more information, please visit Atlantic Area Transnational Cooperation Programme.