UN Women has announced a Call for Proposals for Engaging Libyan Women in Negotiation and Mediation for Peace building.
The project aims to ensure that Libyan women meaningfully participate in, and influence, an inclusive peace and transition process that integrates Libyan’s women’s perspectives, rights, and needs. The project will focus on strengthening the leadership capacity of Libyan women to contribute to peace building processes and enhance alliances for their strategic influence of official peace processes across all track levels. This will include continued building of evidence-based advocacy at high-level meetings and coordination of UN efforts on Women, Peace and Security commitments, ensuring strong accountability frameworks, and strengthening the capacities of the Libyan Women’ Network for Peace building.
Key strategies will promote the attainment of the UN in Libya’s Women Peace and Security commitments through addressing the provision of capacity building and technical expertise to women peace activists and mediators to participate and influence peace and transition processes and expanding the Libyan Women’s Network for Peace building.
Through the programme “Women, Peace and Security in the Arab States – Phase II” UN Women will aim at strengthening institutional mechanisms of implementing and monitoring WPS commitments at the national and regional levels in addition to providing targeted action to protect women from SGBV, support their participation in post conflict economic recovery and empower them as actors of preventing violent extremism.
- Provide the Libyan Women Network for Peace building with trainings on conflict prevention and management. The following modules can be provided: Conflict Analysis and Management, Collaborative Problem Solving, Fostering Positive Interactions and Building Long Term Relationships, Negotiations, Introduction to Mediation, The Mediator’s Toolkit, Working on Professional Image and Approach, Initiative Planning and Campaigning, Leadership, and Conflict Resolution in Practice)
- The training will also include a Training of Trainers (ToT) for a cadre of members, who will in turn provide training in the areas of negotiating skills, gender and the peace process, and other identified priority areas.
- Develop a policy brief/research to make visible to a regional and global audience how Libyan women are already building peace in their communities, mobilize attention to Libyan women rights, and challenge discrimination and stereotypes. Furthermore, it should show the relevance of online training: how training in negotiation, mediation and dialogue facilitation is a way to reach the regionally diverse Libyan women and how it will contribute to building bridges between different groups in Libyan society.
- Provide monthly opinion editorial or articles to be published by both components for communication and visibility purposes
- Development of key modules for online trainings on Mediation and Negotiation on peace building
- Development of training material for the network
- Facilitating and leading the trainings
- Provide a TOT training for a small selected group from the network
- Provide follow up remote coaching to the trainees
- Document and provide a policy brief/ research documenting the shared experience of online training of peace builders
- Provide monthly opinion editorial or articles to be published by both components for communication purposes
- The budget range for this proposal should be 90 000 US Dollars.
- Time frame: November 2020- End of January 2020
- Experience in providing capacity building and training in negotiation and mediation skills to women in conflict zone
- Experience with providing online training modules and with online simultaneous translation
- Experience in working with UN institutions
- Experience with publications on trainings is an asset
- Experience with providing training of trainers on Negotiation and mediation
Source: https://arabstates.unwomen.org/en/what-we-do/programme-implementation/engaging-libyan-women-in-negotiation-for-peace building-cfp