CommunityGiving is seeking applications for its Central Minnesota Women’s Fund Grant that benefits women and/or girls within a 30-mile radius of St. Cloud.
1000 new grants and donors
The Women’s Fund seeks to leverage the efforts and dollars from local nonprofits to provide resources that will make a difference to single individuals or systems.
- Girls ages 10-18
- Women in Transition
- Elder Women
- Funding Amount Range: $3,000 – $8,000.
Girls ages 10-18:
- The Women’s Fund seeks to support programs to assure equality, success, and health for girls.
- Building self-esteem and helping girls make smart choices to avoid risky behaviors, make good relationship choices, and maintain a healthy body image.
- Increasing girls’ access to mentors and role models to help them increase their aspirations and envision success, make good educational and career choices, and choose healthy behaviors.
- Encouraging and preparing girls to pursue higher and/or post-secondary education, including math, science, and other nontraditional education.
- Developing leadership skills and providing venues in which to practice these skills.
Women in Transition:
- Through its grants for women in transition, the Women’s Fund seeks to focus its grants on building the capacity of women who have experienced a significant change in their lives.
- Fostering women’s economic self-sufficiency by increasing access to job training, education, support for searching for jobs, resume building, and coaching.
- Encouraging low-income women to pursue job training or education to improve their financial status.
- Increasing access to quality, flexible childcare, and/or early childhood education.
- Increasing access to support services, mentoring, and mental health services for women during and after transitions.
- Supporting immigrant women and refugee women to achieve their aspirations and successfully integrate into the community.
- Through its grants for elder women, the Women’s Fund seeks to focus on issues unique to women as they age, striving to improve the status of life for midlife and older women.
- Encouraging and increasing access to economic security, including information and support for employment opportunities in later life, financial planning, budgeting, and saving.
- Encouraging healthy lifestyles and increasing access to reliable transportation allowing women to maintain an independent lifestyle as long as possible.
- Increasing access to quality health care coverage and mental health services, which includes access to direct fitness and exercise components and preventive care to help keep people active and healthy.
- Addressing the needs of older women living alone and/or caring for elderly parents, all facing major life changes, which could result in depression, loneliness, chemical abuse, etc. Provide support for coping with life changes in a healthy manner.
- Encouraging lifelong learning, including non-traditional education, language classes, tutoring young students, to maintain an active mind and contribute to the community.
- The Fund seeks to leverage the efforts and dollars from local nonprofits to provide resources that will make a difference to single individuals or systems.
- Projects/Programs that support diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Eligible organizations: 501(c) 3 nonprofit organizations, schools, or government entities.
- Geographic Area: Grants must serve women and/or girls within a 30-mile radius of St. Cloud.
- What the Community Giving Fund?
- Capital projects
- New or expanded programs/projects
- Other strategic investments that will have a lasting impact.