The Australian Academy of Science is inviting Australian early- and mid-career researchers to apply for the Australia–India Strategic Research Fund (AISRF) Early- and Mid-Career Researcher (EMCR) Fellowships 2019.
The EMCR Fellowships provide support (up to A$16,500) for Australian researchers to travel to India and work with leading researchers at major Indian science and technology organisations for a period of between 1 and 3 months.
They are intended to facilitate long-term science, technology and innovation collaboration between Australia and India by:
- Developing researchers’ expertise in international collaboration and fostering long-term relationships between Australian and Indian researchers.
- Increasing Australian researchers’ understanding of Indian culture, particularly science and research practices and systems.
- Developing researchers’ leadership skills as future ‘science ambassadors’ for Australia.
- Providing a catalyst for future Australia–India research collaborations.
Fields of Research
- Any field of natural science (basic and applied)
- Engineering science
Successful applicants may receive from the Academy a grant-in-aid of up to the value of A$16,500 towards the cost of:
- An international economy class airfare from Australia to the international airport closest to the host institute (up to a maximum of $2,500)
- A once-off allowance for travel and medical insurances and visa costs (up to a maximum of $1,000)
- A once-off allowance for travel within India for research-related activities, including attending conferences (up to a maximum of $1,000)
- A monthly living allowance of $4,000 per month (up to a total maximum of $12,000 for 3 months).
The applicant must:
- Be an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident, living in Australia and be employed as a scientist/faculty member of an ERO, at the time of submitting the grant application (if applicant was not born in Australia, please provide proof of Australian citizenship or Australian permanent residency).
- Have between 3 and 10 years of research experience in Australia since the award of the PhD degree or equivalent, with the degree having been conferred no more than 15 years prior to submitting the grant application. An extension to this limit may be approved in the case of significant career interruptions.
- Have shown the potential to become a leader in the research community (demonstrated outstanding skills and potential for senior positions in science and technology).
How to Apply
Completed applications, including supporting documentation, must be submitted electronically, preferably in PDF format, to the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Australia
For further information, please visit https://www.science.org.au/opportunities/travel/grants-and-exchange/australia%E2%80%93india-strategic-research-fund-aisrf-early-and-mid