Brief description: The University of Edinburgh will offer 30 scholarships for PhD Research Programme in any field of study offered by the University for the 2020-2021 academic session.
Host Institution(s):University of Edinburgh, UK
Level/Field of study: PhD Programme in any field of study offered at the University
Number of Awards:
Target group: International students
- Each scholarship covers the difference between the tuition fee for a UK/EU graduate student and that chargeable to an overseas graduate student. The awards do not cover maintenance expenses.
- Subject to satisfactory progress, the awards are tenable for up to three years.
- The awards are open to overseas nationals commencing a PhD in any field of study in 2020-2021. Applicants must be liable to pay tuition fees at the rate applicable to overseas students and must have been applied admission to a full-time PhD research programme of study.
- Applicants must be of outstanding academic merit and research potential. Although candidates with an upper second class honours Bachelor’s degree (or the overseas equivalent) can be considered, in order to be competitive you should really have a first class Bachelor’s degree supplemented by an excellent Master’s degree.
- Other factors such as financial status, nationality and the proposed field of study are not taken into account.
- Eligible applicants should complete an online scholarship application by 23:59 GMT 17 February 2020.
- It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship and to access the online application form.