Background and objective
Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVIC), established under the Act of Parliament (No.61 of 1956), and as amended by Act No.12 of 1987 and Act No.10 of 2006) is a statutory organization under the Ministry of MSME (Govt. of India) and engaged in promoting and developing Khadi and Village industries (KVI) for providing employment opportunities in the rural areas, thereby strengthening the rural economy. It has been identified as one of the major organization in the decentralized sector for generating sustainable non-farm employment opportunities in rural areas at a low per capita investment. It undertakes activities like skill improvement; transfer of technology; research & development; marketing etc. and helps in generating employment/self-employment opportunities in rural areas.
The prime functions of KVIC are:
- Planning and organizing capacity building programs.
- Build up reserves for supply of raw material and implements.
- Encourage and assist in creation of common service facilities for all activities related to production and marketing of products.
- Promote sale and marketing of products.
- Undertake studies for KVI sector.
- Encourage and promote research in the technology used in the sector including non-conventional energy.
- Provide assistance for development and up gradation of designs, prototypes and other technical information including quality assurance.
- Geographical Coverage of the project
- LBI center is to be setup at Dr B R Ambedkar institute of Rural Technology and Management, TTrimbak Vidya Mandir , NASHIK,
Broad Scope of Work
Description of the project
The prime focus of this incubator is to create jobs at local level and reduce unemployment by creating a favorable ecosystem for entrepreneurial development in the country in handmade paper industry.
- This project aims to achieve the above goal by setting up an incubation center at, TVM, NASHIK, which could help individuals startup small business units, by imparting entrepreneurship skills, training and development to youth, mentorship and hand holding for the overall operations, as well as by facilitating the startups in getting loan through PMEGP/ Mudra / Banks etc. scheme for funding, in the handmade paper sector. Scope of work and Expected deliverables and outcomes of the assignment Salient Design Features and Service Oriented Approach. Following are broad components of the proposed system intended to meet the expected outcomes of the stakeholders in their functioning:
- Equipment’s to be Procured, Installed and commissioned as mentioned in Annexure A “Technical Document”
- All the civil work shall be undertaken by the bidder.
- Institute shall provide the electricity up to the work shed, remaining connection cable etc. for the machinery shall be arranged by the supplier.
- The supplier shall provide training to all the workers post installation at plant.
- The supplier shall provide hand holding services for 6 months after final installation and trail run of the unit.
Submission of bids
The technical bid document should be submitted online CPP Portal.
First online should contain Annexure A- Technical Bid , prescribed test certificate, Earnest Money, Technical Specification, valid VAT / Sales tax clearance certificate, Commercial terms & conditions, other bid documents duly signed & sealed, Indigenous Certificate, organizational profile, balance sheets and profit & loss accounts for last three years, certificate and proof as per Eligibility criteria as well as brochure, literature etc.