About The Organization:
Meghalaya Basin Development Authority (MBDA) was set up in April, 2012. The MBDA has identified that natural resources and river basins provide ideal opportunities for providing multi-livelihoods to people in the rural areas. MBDA seeks out to redress these problems and lend a voice to those that have not been heard. Not only is the MBDA concerned with poverty alleviation but in order to achieve this it must make sure that it done without degradation to the environment.
Assignment Title: Hiring of a Consulting Firm for Communications Strategy and Plan Development, Mass-, Outdoor- and Digital - Media Campaign and Public Relations of CLLMP Project.
The Government of Meghalaya, with financing and technical support from the World Bank, is implementing a project titled “Community Led Landscapes Management Project”. The objective of CLLMP is:
- Preparation and implementation of village based Community NRM Plans with landscape approach in 400 villages
- Strengthening capacity building of communities, traditional institutions and other stakeholders for landscape management
- Knowledge management and communication services for landscape management
- The Meghalaya Community Led Landscapes Management Project (MCLLMP) will work with the communities broadly in the area of forest and water and will help in identifying activities for degraded forest, soil and water conservation, restoration of springs and water bodies, nature based tourism, agro-forestry and homestead forestry. The project will enhance skill and technical capacity of communities along with strengthening support to social system.
The objectives of the communication support for the Project are therefore to:
- provide the Project with a strategic direction and corresponding action plan with regard to communications,
- provide a high level of visibility to the Project through branding, tools and a comprehensive campaign and
- Support the development of creative and knowledge products based on learning’s from the Project.
Period of Consultancy:
The time period for the said consultancy shall be 12 months from the date of award of contract. The duration may be extended if required with mutual agreement of the parties. The draft Terms of Reference for the assignment is available at www.cllmp.com and www.mbda.gov.in
The short listing criteria are:
- The firm should be in business for the last five years. (Copies of registration, PAN, TAN, GST or any other relevant registrations etc. to be enclosed)
- The firm should have an average annual turnover of at least INR 2 Crore in the last three years. (Audited statements of last three FY – from 2015 to 2018 to be enclosed)
- At least 3 years - experience in developing communication strategy related to natural resource management, traditional knowledge and practices, etc. related to the assignment and project. (Relevant contracts or work orders to be enclosed)
- Experience in creating brands, creative and knowledge based products like TV or Radio jingles, short films etc. relevant to the project and assignment. (Three references, including contact information for each. The references should be for past clients for whom similar work was done)
- Experience of working with Central or State Governments, UN or Multilateral Development Banks like World Bank or ADB. (Relevant contracts or work orders to be enclosed)
- Experience in developing relevant communications materials in English and the local languages such as Khasi and Garo will be preferred.
- The firm should not have unsatisfactory track record resulting in adverse action taken by Central/State Governments in India (an undertaking must be submitted)