ETH Zurich supports excellent students wishing to pursue a Master’s degree at ETH with two scholarship programmes: the Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme (ESOP) and the Master Scholarship Programme (MSP).
ETH Zurich in Switzerland
Field(s) of study:
Eligible Masters Degree Programme offered by the University
Number of Scholarships:
The number of annual scholarships depends on the availability of funds.
National and International Students
- The Excellence Scholarship (ESOP) consists of a grant covering living and study expenses (CHF 11,000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver.
- The Master Scholarship (MSP) consists of a partial stipend for living and study expenses (CHF 6,000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver. The department can additionally provide a scholarship of CHF 1,500 – 3,000 per semester or offer an assistantship from the second semester onwards (with a payment of CHF 600 per month). The Master Scholarship Programme requires a financial contribution from the scholarship holder.
- Both the Excellence and the Master scholarships begin when the student commences his or her Master’s degree and is awarded for the regular duration of the Master’s programme (three or four semesters).
The scholarship programmes are open to excellent students both from the ETH and from other universities (national and international) wishing to pursue their Master’s degree at ETH Zurich. The prerequisite is a very good result in their Bachelor’s (top 10% of Bachelor’s programme = grade A).
- Applications open 1 November 2018.
- To be considered for the scholarship, you must apply for a Master’s degree programme at ETH Zurich (or if you, as an ETH Bachelor student, continue with a consecutive Master’s degree programme). The scholarship form and application form and supporting documents must be submitted before 15 December 2018.
- It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.