The Novo Nordisk Foundation is seeking proposals for projects that seek to mitigate the health consequences of the coronavirus epidemic in Denmark.
Projects must be able to be initiated immediately, but must be of such a nature that the knowledge gathered in the project is made available and can be utilized in similar situations in the future.
Aid can be applied for in three areas:
Scientific projects that test new treatments, techniques / technologies or preventative measures that can be used quickly to deal with the health system’s challenges in the current situation.
- Who can apply? Researchers in hospitals, professional colleges and universities.
- Informational measures that can improve communication with citizens and knowledge of the health management of the crisis.
- Who can apply? Authorities and partners.
- Social measures to meet the special health needs of vulnerable groups in connection with the crisis.
- Who can apply? Authorities, NGOs and other not-for-profit organizations.
- An appropriation can be up to DKK 5 million.
- The Novo Nordisk Foundation has allocated a total of DKK 50 million to the total program.
- The program will be open to applications until the end of June, provided that funds remain in the allocated pool.
- Support may be sought for:
- Salary for applicant and other persons working on the project;
- Operating expenses;
- Smaller appliances (up to DKK 100,000);
- Administrative costs (up to 5% of the total budget).Support may be sought for:
Applicants must be anchored on public institutions/ authorities or private non-profit organizations (eg NGOs) in Denmark participating in the fight against the coronavirus epidemic.
The application must contain the following:
- A concise description of the project (max 2 pages with single line spacing and minimum 12pt font) in Danish or English. Including a description of why the application is urgent, how the project will help alleviate the acute health consequences of the coronavirus epidemic and how the knowledge gathered in the project is made available and can be utilized in similar situations in the future.
- Budget with an account of the expenditure sought. The total requested budget must not exceed DKK 5 million, including any expenses for administering the grant.
- Main Applicant’s Resume.
Source: visit https://novonordiskfonden.dk/da/grants/stoette-af-projekter-der-soeger-at-afboede-de-sundhedsmaessige-konsekvenser-af-coronavirus-covid-19-epidemien-i...