WITH Foundation is accepting applications for its grant program to provide financial support to organizations that promote comprehensive healthcare for adults with developmental disabilities.
Areas of Support
All projects/programs must complement the mission of WITH Foundation.
Programs that improve the delivery of healthcare to adult consumers with developmental disabilities and include at least one of the following:
- Improve health practitioner competency through education and/or training programs;
- Address the current inadequate reimbursement system;
- Advance formal care coordination;
- Enhance public awareness regarding the inadequacies of developmentally disabled care in order to advance systemic change;
- Increase understanding of supported decision-making in healthcare settings;
- National efforts in digital health that support designers and developers to include the perspectives/experiences of the IDD community within the design process, in order to create better technology for all;
- Social policy research;
- Identify and overcome barriers to high-quality healthcare access;
- General operating support is only considered for grantees that have previously utilized the project funding.
Grants typically provide one year of support (usually between $30,000 and $50,000) but may cover as much as three years to support programming that warrants extended funding.
Areas of Exclusion
Although WITH understands that many factors impact healthcare service delivery for adults with developmental disabilities, the following areas are excluded from consideration for funding:
- Specific therapies that are provided outside of a formal healthcare setting, i.e. physical fitness and/or nutritional programs (“healthy lifestyle programs”).
- Targeted therapeutic interventions including, but not limited to, occupational, physical, and speech therapies, and equestrian therapy.
- Projects that do not address healthcare delivery.
- Programs that are solely focused on direct support professionals.
- Funding for political campaigns, candidates, or legislation.
- Individuals and/or equipment for individuals.
- Organizations or programs that are based and/or provide services to populations outside the United States.
- Endowments and organizational debt reduction.
- Capital campaigns and building-related requests.
- Direct medical service and filling funding gaps between service costs and insurance reimbursement.
- Administrative expenses exceeding 28% of the total funding request. (WITH’s administrative/indirect cost cap was increased from 20% to 28% in order to provide organizations additional support in responding to COVID-19 ).
- All applicants must have tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status as a nonprofit organization as defined by the Internal Revenue Service. Proposals must describe an explicit, identifiable need.
- WITH Foundation is a national grantmaker. While applications from the San Francisco Bay Area may be given preferential consideration, applications from other areas in the United States will not be excluded. WITH does not provide funding to organizations based outside of the United States.