Applications are now open for the Groundswell’s Rapid Response Fund to provide fast funding to grassroots organizations led by women of color, trans people of color, and low-income women and trans people in critical, but unexpected, fights to protect and advance reproductive and social justice.
A multi-issue fund, the Rapid Response Fund supports organizations on the frontlines, defending the most vulnerable communities with timely, flexible grants with an emphasis on funding in states and communities where women of color, transgender people of color, and low-income women and trans people-led organizing is under-resourced.
- Rapid Response Fund grant requests for 2020 may range from $5,000 to $25,000. On rare occasions, Groundswell may consider requests of up to $50,000, but only on a case-by-case basis.
What might the Rapid Response grants support?
- A strategic organizing response to a public attack or a community crisis.
- A strategic organizing response to advance solidarity and coordination of organizations working across issues to defend the most vulnerable communities.
- A strategic organizing response to an unforeseen legislative or policy development.
- A strategic organizing response to a new opportunity that is immediate, has a specific time frame, and is aligned with Groundswell Fund’s approach and priorities.
- A short-term project or action that creates opportunities to organize and build coalitions and/or educate public officials or the general public.