Judith & Neil Charlesworth Fund

One Community Foundation

Relevent Country: United Kingdom

The One Community Foundation is inviting applications for its Judith & Neil Charlesworth Fund to support applications from all Kirklees voluntary groups.

Funding Information

  • You can apply for up to £1,000.

What they will fund?

  • Each of these funds has been gifted to One Community Foundation to support general charitable activity in Kirklees.
  • They can fund a wide range of items, including volunteer expenses, publicity costs, equipment, room hire, materials for activities, contributions to staffing costs etc.  The grants can be used to extend current activities or to introduce new ones.
  • You will have up to 12 months from your project start date to use your grant.

What they don’t fund?

They do not fund any of the following:

  • Party political activity
  • Promotion of religion
  • Replacement of statutory funding
  • Projects that have already started
  • Groups that have not complied with previous monitoring requirements
  • Organizations that support animals
  • For-profit organizations
  • The statutory provision provided by schools and hospitals.

Eligibility Criteria

  • One Community makes grants to a wide range of organizations. The Foundation is particularly keen to help grassroots community groups and small-to-medium-sized voluntary organizations, and priority will be given to these groups. They do not usually make grants to large local, regional and national charities (this does not apply to national programmes).
  • You must have a governing document (constitution, rules, memorandum and articles of association etc.), a governing body of at least three unrelated individuals, and a bank account in your group’s name with at least two unrelated signatures. If a school were to apply for support, it would have to demonstrate that the funding request was not a replacement for statutory funding.

All organizations must be based in Kirklees or undertake project work in Kirklees and be one of the following:

  • Voluntary and community groups
  • Not-for-profit organizations
  • Schools – They would encourage schools to make an application via their PTA. If your school does not have a PTA, they will accept applications directly from the school. They will only activity that is not a statutory provision.
  • Charities (not registered with the Charity Commission)
  • Charities (registered with the Charity Commission)

Source: https://www.one-community.org.uk/looking-for-funding/judith-and-neil-charlesworth-fund.php