The “la Caixa” Foundation has announced a call for applications to collaborate with non-profit organizations that carry out their projects in the Canary Islands to promote initiatives that pay special attention to people and groups in situations of special vulnerability as a result of the crisis caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
In the call that they present below, the ”la Caixa” Banking Foundation and the Fundación Caja Canarias they want to pay special attention to people and groups in a situation of special vulnerability due to the crisis caused by the pandemic of the coronavirus (COVID-19) . This call will include proposals that respond to the new challenges that arise and that enhance accompaniment to the population groups most affected by this situation.
The call includes five areas of action:
- Promotion of personal autonomy and care for aging, disability and disease.
- Fight against child poverty and social exclusion.
- Temporary housing for social inclusion.
- Socio-labor insertion.
- Interculturality and social action
75% of the project cost may be requested:
- Up to € 40,000 in projects submitted by a single entity.
- Up to € 60,000 in projects presented jointly and through a partnership made up of two or more entities, or entities merged in the last five years.
The entities that can be submitted to the call are:
- Non-profit entities
- Entities of the social economy that, among its purposes indicated in its statutes, include explicitly as its main objectives social interest or social cohesion
Public administrations or autonomous bodies cannot appear in this announcement.
The requirements for entities, both managers and partnerships, are:
- Be accredited in the Call Portal and designate a person responsible for the draft.
- Be registered in the corresponding administrative register, domiciled in the Canary Islands and develop the project presented in the Canary Islands.
- Have your own NIF.
- Have statutes and a minimum age of 1 year of activity, from the constitution.
- In the case of delegations, they may be presented independently, provided that prove their formal, functional and organic autonomy:
- Being explicitly recognized in the statutes of the parent entity. Otherwise, must provide supporting documentation, signed by a legal representative of the parent entity
- Have autonomous operation with respect to the parent entity, with its own structure and body of own government, signed by a managerial position of the delegation.
- Have an own budget and differentiated from the parent entity, signed by amanagerial position of the delegation.
- Have a minimum operating age as a delegation of 1 year.